Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents are going to Aspen this weekend, and I don't wanty to go. Soooo.... they said my friends and I could find somewhere in the general vicinity (as in the mountains west of Denver) to camp and fish while they stayed in Aspen. I was considering Sylvan Lake, since it was recently stocked, or perhaps Leadville, though it's not really near Aspen at all. I would be fine with a hike-in spot that's kinda remote as long as there are fish.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and remember I'm down for anywhere, even if it's a pain to get to.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You have alot of options... Frying Pan river, Ruedi Res, Roaring forks river (look at reports), Turquoise lake, Depending which way you guys come you can possibly hit the Colorado river, or Twin lakes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ya Ruedi would be a great choice, the pan is just below and has some huge fish but is fished pretty hard and is tough to fish unless your willing to throw on some 6x tippet and size #24 RS2's. Ruedi has a lot of rainbow and lake trout.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, I have fished the Leadville area extensively, and I have had success at Sylvan

there is a change of plans however, and my parents are letting me stay here, so I'm doin the same thing as last weekend

chat dog ponds friday night, arsenal saturday, then posibly meet up with dunbar at spratt depending on how tired i am

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Mustang said:
Thanks for the input guys, I have fished the Leadville area extensively, and I have had success at Sylvan

there is a change of plans however, and my parents are letting me stay here, so I'm doin the same thing as last weekend

chat dog ponds friday night, arsenal saturday, then posibly meet up with dunbar at spratt depending on how tired i am
what a life good luck

and have a great time

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, im borrowing the digital cam so hopefully ill have the chance to show off some dog pond cats and bass at night and some more big fish from the arsenal, im trying a new stgrategy saturday, but it;'s hard not to throw the tube jig, im attached to that thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts