Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
If they were going to hire more people, it would need to go to hiring more fisheries managers. Most fisheries managers have way to much water to manage and they are spread thin. Reg enforcement can be important on some fisheries, but giving the management attention each fishery needs is more important, and an area that seems is understaffed.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
I would also pay extra to get closed areas opened back up, Williams fork only open s few days a week to boating and no overnight boats, can't have your boat at your campsite now. Willow cr. hand carry only now, lots of other lost opportunities due to the managers mentality that it's easier to manage by closure

I would also pay extra for that. This is also a problem at GM but im not sure how much is the states call on that because its federal property. The campsites and boat ramps are only open for a limited time. Gm is wide open, ready for boating, weather is good for camping but there is no real boat launch access or campground access and there wont be until right before memorial day.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
I don't think a "voluntary tax" would get paid, not by me anyway. I think the CPW should sell a trout stamp, to be paid by anyone who is planning to keep trout, just like in Kansas. >:D Those slimers ain't cheap to raise and they divert funds from other fish management programs that would improve warm options.
You hit the nail on the head but i'm not sure about an extra trout stamp charge to keep them. most of those stockers don't survive catch and release and in most cases don't hold over to a second season. $35 for an annual, or $9 for a daily is high enough for the average person that wants to keep some stockers.

Money talks, the highest majority of fisherman that go out fishing are either "powerbaiters" or basic type fisherman who come to colorado to catch something other than a warm water species. They just want something to catch thats easy to access, they aren't like most of us who are avid lifetime fisherman, us lifers and big time enthusiasts are a minority.
So those who love cool water predators, or who are walleye, gill and bass enthusiasts get the shorter end in alot of situations in Colorado waters. Either because of budget and limited resources, or fear that the predators will wipe out the easier to catch fish that the masses enjoy. So the answer to achieving the best all around fishing and to fuel the fishing economy in colorado, is stocking generous proportions of rainbow trout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.