Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have to ask this question, I was out on a lake over the weekend. I'm in my float tube, there's one other guy out there with me. I truck pulls up, guy pulls float tube out of the back. Now this is a really nice size lake with no other boats of float tubes on it. Truck dude does a bee line straight to me and parks 20 feet next to me. My question, is there a such thing as Fishing Etiquette? I had this happen to me twice on Saturday, I had to keep moving to find a little space.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
you were no doubt on his spot, didn't you see his name on the sign. truthfully im never able to say nothing, I probably would have started a fight, but thats my problem.there should be ettique but more and more people dont seem to care, I know I would never do that to anyone not even someone I know

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
That's definitely unacceptable in my book! I prob. would have had a few words.... Nothing you can really do besides say something(unless your willing to get assult charges over a fishing spot) some people are just plain a-holes.... Some just don't know better... Somehow smh.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Just turn the tables on the sitchiation...
Paddle over within 5 feet or so, and at the top of your lungs, start singing "I feel like a woman" by Shania Twain. He would prolly get the message and never do that again... or, ask you out on a date. lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
" ask you out on a date"...LOL...I was thinking maybe it was my cologne! Anyway just a question!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Maybe it was his first time on the water in a tube. Maybe we was trying to be safe?

Too close to me is if I can pickup your sonar...

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL, more than once I have had float tubers and pontoon guys drift within feet of my anchored boat, such that I couldn't cast because of their proximity. I just assume they are from Highlands Ranch or another one of those neighborhoods where you can't fart on your deck without excusing yourself to your neighbor due their proximity??

·
Registered
531 Posts
You might take it as a compliment, might not have had any clue what he was doing. I'd still be annoyed though. Go learn from someone else, like the only other guy on the water, that's way over there, giving me the proper amount of space.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i blame new fishing technology i.e. sonar connected trolling motors where boaters are following a map pattern like lemmings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had that kind of problem when I was on the East Coast, fishing from the shore. Sooner or later here would come the line tangle. I would just holler "I got it", they would release their line, I would reel it all in, taking some time, then pull some extra line from them, pull out my knife and cut them off, cut their terminal tackle off and put it in my box. Then holler "Thanks, you're free". 😁

1 - 20 of 23 Posts