Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my household accounts & expenses with the Quicken program, and at the first of this year I set up an expense category for fishing expenses. It covers tackle, permits, etc., everything directly traceable to fishing. But not gas.

I just ran a total, and so far this year my fishing expenses have added up to $1,026.15. And the year is only 2/3 over. Is this way out of line, or does everybody do about the same?

Tell me I am way under the average, so I can run out and buy another rod. :)

If my wife reads this, I am dead...

W. E.

T

·
0 Posts
I need to start tracking how much I spend each year and show my GF how much more you guys spend on fishing.

With work and more work, I haven't had much time to fish this year.

;D

·
Registered
988 Posts
You know just with gas I'm well over that 1k mark. Going here to Kansas 7 times this year cost me $200 round trip (pulling a boat of course). Not including tackle, gear, permits, and going to Nebraska almost adozen times. I think I'm close to the 3.5K mark so far. My tackle did get stolen you know.

F

·
0 Posts
i have no idea but im sure its over 2k.....Ive got a spare room in my house for all my fishing stuff ...you just cant be to prepared ....the problem ive run into now is deciding what tackle to bring with me ...its not even close to possible to bring all my stuff ......hahahaha....if you see a guy fishing this year with a couple of pack horses thats me ....

·
Registered
829 Posts
as far as keeping a record of expenses for either one, never do so, these activites are something I enjoy , wife supports that, Just don't go overboard on things.

But how about this: had a 16' foot fishing boat , wife stated was to small, go get a bigger boat. Ended up getting 18' walk thru Monterrey

2nd she was the one who said go fishing some where you will enjoy, so went to Alaska this past June for about 9 days.

Now the other side, she has a very nice diamond tennis bracley on her wrist

it all works out, but to keep track of expenses , NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
I dont keep track,if I want it I buy it.I'd have to guess at least a grand,the gas bill is horrendous,though.Fishing licenses alone cost 250.00.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I'm convinced. I'm not out of line.

Good, because I have my eye on this complete assortment of Lucky Craft lures... :D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I think I might have to start keeping track, just out of curiosity... But have to make sure the woman doesnt see it.
I'm guessing I spent 1000$ by Febuary. :p

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Man, thats a tough question, i dont usually keep tabs on my expenses. This year hasnt been too bad (other than a trip to Louisianna for Reds) but for the most part i think i keep my expendetures below...i dont know, 3 or 4 thousand lol.

im a sucker for new rods and waders.

dont anyone ask me how much i spend on shooting...that would sicken me if i kept track of that...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
this years been kinda high just getting fully transfered over from salt to fresh all new rods a cheep boat float tubes waders light line terminal tackle all that stuff ive been stocking up on definatley a few grand but better than the years iwas saltwater fishing alot the big boat wasnt cheap to keep up

i think in a normal year i probly spend as much on gas as other fishing related expenses

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Walking Eagle,

We had a thread last April or so on how much we all spend annually. Based on that thread what you spend a year is certainly not out of line. There were people admitting to spending $4000 or more annually. And that did not include unsual expenses like a new boat etc. I am on track this year for probably 2500-3000. Next year I expect to spend even more when you factor in the increased gas prices. I even plan to drive less than currently do. ( I don't often fish outside the metro area )

But still hide it from your wife what she don't know won't hurt you. :D
Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Walking Eagle, what's the matter, only one hobby? Thank god you don't hunt, shoot trap, reload, buy unessesary goose calls, duck calls, decoys, etc. All joking aside, look for sales, as I"m sure you do, check ebay for deals. Do you have friends who will split the cost of gas, lures bought on ebay, or any other expenses? Hell, spend your kids inheritence. Find a rich girlfriend that's easy on eyes, and go for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts