Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a limit to the number of traps you have? How many can you keep? I do know that all females must be returned to the water immediatley.

Does anyone know of any good lakes to catch the big daddy's?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can have as many traps as you want, but there must be a tag on each with your name, address, license number, etc. There is no limit for personal use and the females only have to be returned if they have eggs. Use canned catfood with holes punched in the lid or the cheap bags of chicken wings from Wal-Mart. I have heard of people using carp meat but haven't tried that yet. Palmer Lake has a ton of good sized Dads and I'm told 11 mile has some HUGE ones. I'm still looking for a honey hole here in the Brighton area to consistantly catch them. Irrigation ditches should be good now as well as the irrigation/retention ponds if you can get permission from the farmers.
Good luck!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Any creek will have them the ralston creek in Arvada has nice big and small some bacon and fishing line is all you need bring up handfuls at a time.Noneed in trying to catch with hand but that method works also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts