Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately it is coming to that time of the year...UGH!...cold weather...I have a pair of 3 year old Glacier Gloves (neoprene/cut fingers/lined)...they work great...can handle fish and keep my hands from freezing in the coldest weather...is there something newer out there that works better?...what works for you...

I can hear Slayer's response already...I am alien...I use bare skin and tough it out!... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I also use an old pair of glacier gloves... need to get a new pair as mine are cracking. For fly fishing in winter I use a pair of workout gloves, I seem to have the most control that way.

·
0 Posts
I went to Wal-Mart and got me some there,they are black and blue from "SHIMANO" last year they are great,price was right around $10-12.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I fish Glacier full finger gloves (with the finger slits for tying new flies on) and also some fingerless wool ones ive had for years. the glaciers are around 40 bucks a pair, but are by far the best fishing glove ive had....and ive had more than my share. i own two pairs...and dont fish without em.

if its really cold i wear a pair of gore tex shells over the glaciers...you have to take them off to work with your hands, but if you are just casting and drifting they work fine and keep you hands from freezing and falling off....

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The glacier gloves are the best I have found. Worth what they cost. I have tried wool but the hooks get caught in them and if they get wet they make you're hands colder than no gloves at all.

·
Registered
943 Posts
where do you get these glacier gloves? i have a pair of ski gloves that i use but have to take them off to do anything

F

·
0 Posts
I think i got mine at garts years ago ....you can see my pair on my chatfield spillway post ...they are great gloves that you can wear the whole time you fish

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
scorpion_bsk said:
Walking Eagle said:
I prefer those black leather Italian-made dress gloves.

-- O. J. Simpson
The things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm........................................ :-X
The problem with those gloves is they shrink after they get wet............

Dan

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Gloves are for *****'s! Haha-Actually I wear these real thin black poly fleece type gloves,I can actually tie knots while wearing them if its that cold.I always carry 2 or 3 pair in case I need to sacrifice one by reaching into water to nab a particularly large specimen. Besides they dry out almost instantly.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all of your replies...it seems that Glacier Gloves are still the winner hands down <snicker>...here is a link to them for those who arent familiar...

http://www.glacierglove.com/

And T...

And I went to walmart to get a pair of those fancy catfish gloves! Trader!!!
...don't be wearing those with that new stylish evening gown you bought for a night on the town...although if you sew in some cowhide to make them extend up to the elbows it might make them "formal" enough!...wouldnt that be a purdy sight?!?!?!...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
are these glacier gloves that much better than the neoprene glove you get at walmart in the 10 buck range?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts