Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, someone had to ask.LOL.

It is robbery season right now, so I have been so busy, I haven't even ice fished yet :mad:  Hopefully things at ADT will slow down some, so I can take a Saturday off soon?

One of My goals has always been to catch a 10lb walleye! Seven years later, I still haven't got it done. Two 27" eye's from Glendo are as close as I have come. I have spent countless nights over the last five years at Cherry Creek fishing off the dam at night to no avail. This year we are going to switch the Western Get-Together for Walleye Central from Glendo to Seminole in August. Maybe I can fianlly do it those four days?

I also want a 5lb or better smallie! I fished Aurora hard all year and caught lots of bass, but 3lbs was the best. I always fish for a week every summer at Smith Mountain Res. in Virginia, you always have chance there!

I am the worst Wiper fisherman in the state ??? So I was just happy to catch some last year!

Maybe I should just stick  to trout and pike and save a bunch of time and money?LOL.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mine are as follows:
40" or better northern (2005 was the first year I hit that mark and I hit it twice, but what the heck I'll do it again)
10+ pound trout LANDED. It's been too long, 05 wasn't that good of a year for trout. Almost happened for me on a certain river but noooo. He was too strong, the current was too fast, the water was too deep and cold to follow him down, and the banks were over grown.
8 pound largemouth. This is my primary goal. In 04, I hooked one at connected lakes that trumped this mark but he broke off. In 05, I had a great year for big largemouth, but the biggest was only 6#.
20 pound channel cat. I wanna join my brother, dad, and everyone else in my family and finally cash in on a big catlike they all have. I've caught them up to a pitiful 8 pounds.
20 pound laker. 'Nuff said.

A lot of tough goals for 2006 but I will be very happy with the season if I achieve 2-3 of them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Neal/CO said:
One of My goals has always been to catch a 10lb walleye! Seven years later, I still haven't got it done. Two 27" eye's from Glendo are as close as I have come.
For a fee ;D, I could have hooked you up with a public lake where the chances were awesome for catching a 10 lb. walleye last year.  It is a 40 acre lake downstream from a large private reservoir that was drained for rennovation.  When they drained it, they ran most of the wallayes from the lake down the irrigation ditch and put them into this small lake (no deeper than 10 ft).  Ice fishing for them was phenomenal, and once the ice melted, open water was phenomenal through the spring - I've never seen so many boats on such a small lake and so many people hauling up huge walleyes.  Granted, it might have seemed like cheating, but 10 lb. fish popped up quite a few times during the Spring.

D

·
0 Posts
Goals for 2006:

A.  30 lb. lake trout.

B.  To spend more days chasing A.

C.  To fish Lake Powell again.

D.  To be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.  :p 

·
Registered
46 Posts
To fish a couple of new places wheather it be running or still water, it does not matter. I always try to hit a couple of new places every year. There are rivers and lakes that I have driven by for years and years that I have never fished. I think 06 would be the perfect time to stop, wet a line and hopefully catch a few fish. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
A) Get my wife to enjoy fishing more

B) Master the lures I already use, rather than trying new ones

C) Take more pics

D) Fish RMNP more. Hike up while still dark, and fish sunrises

E) Spend alot more time in the kayak and float tube  

F) Learn the lakes/ponds nearest me instead of always trying new places

G) Catch a big enough fish to win COfishermen.com's photo contest  8)  

·
Registered
943 Posts
1. take my kids fishing more
2. make a few fishing buddies
3. catch some fish over 15" this year other than carp
4. catch a 10 lb catfish

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hmmmmmm...............gotta think about that one.................. One of my goals definately has to be to catch a LARGE Tiger Muskie. I want some more Master Angler Awards too! ;D A State Record Tiger Muskie would be cool! 8)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
james said:
B) Master the lures I already use, rather than trying new ones
James, did you ever hit the nail squarely on the head.

If I would take the time to learn to properly fish the lures that I already have, that others catch fish on, but I leave in the tackle box because my first few tries didn't produce, I could probably stay out of the tackle shops for the next 3 years.

OMG, what am I saying? There is no way I could do that.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
1) Catch a 10lb lake trout from my new boat(Dont have it YET)

2) Catch a Wiper of good size

3) Find a woman.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
3) Find a woman.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
is number 3 really a fishing goal
but if so i would like a new girlfriend

and break a state record this coming year
with any fish but a carp

·
Registered
90 Posts
1.) Have fun.

2.) Master Angler - I don't care what species.  

3.) Finally get downriggers.  

4.) Land some Kokanee for a change (I don't normally fish for these, but I sometimes get bites.  The combination of my trolling speed, braided line, and medium action rod usually rip their little jaws off.)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

with any fish but a carp
Does you current girlfriend know about this goal? ;)

As far as fishing, id like to catch a wiper that was larger than 4 lbs...i havnt done it yet...preferable on a flyrod, but ill take what i can get...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
FishingKats, have you discussed the new girlfriend idea with FishingKats Wife?  If you have and she is ok with it, does she have a sister?

My goals

1 catch a 5+ walleye
2. Not to break any rods.
3. reduce my skunks drastically
4. Fish sunset and sunrise more.
5. Fish all night long at least once a month.
6. Share the lake graciously and not get worked up.
7. Break the 'oooh shiny" addiction.

Dan

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
1) Catch a 10lb lake trout from my new boat(Dont have it YET)

2) Catch a Wiper of good size

3) Find a woman.
I am glad to see that you have your list of priorities in the right order. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts

with any fish but a carp
Yes the girlfriend thing has been discussed with me...And our final decision was she has to do dishes, wash laundry and cook.  It wouldn't hurt if she could get up in the morning and take our kids to school either.  As for the question of do I have a sister?  Yes I do...have you ever seen the movie Armageddon?  There is a quote that describes her "She is a life-s****** B**** which there is no return from..."  Or something to that effect! :D

On the state record...well I guess he can have it this year I will just take it next year.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hook into a 150# brunette that likes to fish

·
0 Posts
1.Catch the big Tiger Muskie up at Pinnewood.
2.Get me one or two 12+Wiper from Douglas.
3.To some night fishing.
4.Take the boat out more often and troll.
5.Fish for Bass.
6.Be a better husband in 06 than in 05.(wife was pretty happy with me in 2005,she said.)But there is alwas proof for inprofment,right.
7.Make more money.
8.Get an other promotion at work.
9.Go and visit my family in Austria,with my wife and spend Christmas of 2006 together for the first time in eighteen years.
10.Have a whole lot more fun tan in 2005.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts