1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if there were to be a fishing guide out my way .... far south east colorado

what would you want from him or her .

big fish big numbers ... a good time of both

just thought that i would toss this out and see if any one would even want to drive out east and have a guided fishing trip

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Have to cater to your client. Some will want big fish others will want numbers.
All want tips and technique info IMO.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh trust me im not going to guide i cant even catch a fish

but i have a friend that guides in alaska and he was just asking me what i thought about it and i was ........ i dont know

he has been on the walleyes all year at j-martin and a lot of them

so i thought that i would toss it out on this site and see what would people want from a southeastern guide service

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hopefully he wouldn't want to make a living out of it or he would have to survive on Walleye, Wipers and rice. That area is the armpit of colorado and who would trade Alaska for south east colorado? My first thought is that he is on the run from the law or the wife and kids in AK.

But to answer your question, big #'s on wiper, saugeye, and walleye. and BIG CATS!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow the armpit of colorado

and no he is not running from the law
he is a cool guy that just loves to fish

i think that eastern colorado could have all the states big fish if we could keep our water

we got a bass lake that was dry ... but has had water in it for a few years and we have some large and small mouth bass that will be state record fish if any one ever wants to turn them in.......

im amazed that we have no guide in this area but like i said we have no water right now

·
Registered
832 Posts
Kats, I got yer back.... :)

I'd disagree strongly with the armpit of Colorado comment. I love that area down there, and I think it is waaay under utilized by sportsmen. Selfishly, I hope it stays that way.

I want to train up a good pointing dog and chase pheasants and scalies down in that corner of the state.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the problem as i see it is that SE colorado is not a tourist destination and most folks living within 200 miles will have their own boat to fish in or will fish from the bank. in order to make any money from it, he will have to charge at least 150.00 per trip. i would guess that if he advertised big he might get 2-3 trips per month for those lakes, and that won't pay expences

·
Registered
4 Posts
THANKS FAB> And scotth for the support of se co..fordo im the friend( bart cruikshank)..i, (as many of this sites readers ) know how good of a fishery we have down here in "THE ARMPIT" of colorado...u prob dont even knowwhat a big walleye is..take ur powrbait and go have fun......i spend the spring and summer down here,which (u wouldn't know fordo) is a good time for walleys...i grew up here and spent many days a yr fishing these waters....i have a great const bus. so i dnt need the money, but i like putting people on fish...esp. people like u that dont have a clue..i guide every summer in alaska and some winters in argentina, chile, and western co.. so i like to fish..period..i just wanted to c what i could do to help people get on master angler type fish..there r crowded opps in den. so if u wanted an area where there r big eyes, wipers, or cats...i could help..so the next time u came down in ur big boat u could have a place to go. sorry for the rant membrs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and fordo, dont ever assume i live down here cause i am in trouble by the law, or im running from my lil princess..she is four and would out fish u any day..i would bet she has more master anglers than u, and sure as h$LL couldoutcast u w/ a flyrod..dnt knock peoples way of life cause of where they live..i lived in ur area for yrs and hated it..not the people, just the way of life..

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
mackmstr2122 said:
and fordo, dont ever assume i live down here cause i am in trouble by the law, or im running from my lil princess..she is four and would out fish u any day..i would bet she has more master anglers than u, and sure as h$LL couldoutcast u w/ a flyrod..dnt knock peoples way of life cause of where they live..i lived in ur area for yrs and hated it..not the people, just the way of life..
Good reply!

I personally really like that area down there........in it's own right both beautiful and unique. I never regret making the drive down there. Some really exceptional fishing at times too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts