Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-2-05
12:00 PM - "Fishing Horsetooth Reservoir and Carter Lake" - Free fishing seminar. Noon to 3 pm at American Eagle Distributing Company, south of Budweiser Events Center. For information, call 498-5600.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I got an email from a friend at Walleye Central last week. They popped about 40 14-17 eye's at Horetooth. They were all males and were dripping in full spawn mode.

Sounds to me like they may never have to stock walleye's there again?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walleye are cannabalistic so the more fry that are produced the more the larger ones eat and the larger they get, however this may make it harder on the littler ones competing for food, plus you have the other species that arre in the lake as well, never say never.

·
Registered
67 Posts
NEAL/CO,
Can you find out what they were using and where on the lake they were fishing? I always liked the Tooth and have been waiting for good news from there after they refilled the res.
Any info would be great.
T-Fin

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been looking for input about Carter. Haven't been there in many years, but used to ALWAYS get my limit-8-(stockers only) on powerbait. Not great for eats, but great for the kids. How is it now??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts