Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Horsetooth on Sat. with my boss.  He wants to ride in my new boat.  Looking for suggestions for walleye fishing there.  Are white Mr. Twisters and minnows ok now or leeches or crawlers.  I was told to fish the mouths of the inlets.  Any help out there?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
James Albright said:
Going to Horsetooth on Sat. with my boss. He wants to ride in my new boat. Looking for suggestions for walleye fishing there. Are white Mr. Twisters and minnows ok now or leeches or crawlers. I was told to fish the mouths of the inlets. Any help out there?
All those baits are OK. The dam at the north end is good, several fishermen have gotten 27-28 in. walleyes out of there and trolling down the west shore, and also around the little island just south of there. You definitely have to use a fish finder, there is too much featureless water to just try spots at random.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've caught several there while fishing for smallmouth with
green pumpkin or watermelon colored tube jigs.
They were pretty shallow against the bank even though the sun was high. Try the dam areas where it transitions from rock to sand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. I am new to fishing from a boat for these 'eyes. Hope we have some luck Sat. Is there a bait store close that opens early? I heard there might be one down at the south end which is where I will launch from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts