Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Arkansas last month and did a little FIshing. Had a pretty good time of catching bass, catfish and Croppie. Man I had a good time. My Uncle and I caught a lot. Had to go fishing with him one last time. He is dying of cancer, but man can he still fish. We caught 75 croppie, 6 catfish and 7 bass. The largest of the fish was a 25 lb flat head. the largest croppie (white perch) was 3 lb. the bass were average.

Then went to Louisiana and did some perch fishing with my niece and had a blast. We caught more than we could count. Also did a little catfishing in some ponds down there and in the sabine river. Did okay but nothing like arkansas. Had a good time fishing in familiar territory.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Love fishing in Arkansas! A buddy has a home on Greers Ferry and it is awsome fishing. Thinking about buying a second home there. Glad to hear you had a good time with your Uncle!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I lived in Bull Shoals Arkansas for 4 years in high school, Bull shoals lake is huge it steches from Branson Missouri to bull shoals Ar with 1000+ miles of shoreline it is hard not find that spot that is waiting "just for you".
   The White River that the bull shoals Dam feeds is CRAZY!!!   The rainbows and Browns right below the dam are pigs that cant swim up river anymore- the area is so successful becase it is protected by hillbilly game wardens that enforce catch and release and lures or flies for the first 3 miles or so below the dam.  Fun! Fun !Fun!  actually why dont you take a look at       Bull Shoals boat dock.com , my buddies sight his name is kevin eastwald and they have some pictures of the local catches and they are of all catfish, bass, walleye,browns, rainbows etc.... and trophy sizes too.   
    Im taking a housebot out for 5 days for less than a $1000 (BULL SHOALS BOAT DOCK) from may 15th through the 19th  Im going to tear it up with some old friends should be good fishin!!!!!

And to all those who talk trash on the south- THANX  because Northern Arkansas is truely one of the sweetest treasures an angler could find and as long as people have no desire to live in Arkansas or visit for that matter, the State will always be as wild as wild can be.   

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lake Erling in Taylor Arkaknsas. I am going back the second week in May for the Flat head Spawning in Millwood Reservoir. The best catfishing in the whole country if you ask me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts