Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife during our recent vacation to Wisconsin hooked her first bluegill ever and now she keeps asking where to catch them here in Denver. I mostly fish the high country and do not know any place to take her here in the Denver Metro Area. She has caught the fishing bug and I am at a loss where to take her to catch some fish. She does not really care if they are large as she just loves to fish. I am not very familar with locations and have read most of the posts here about local fish but do not have a clue where these lakes are and was wondering what is the best way to find out how to get to some of these local bodies of water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
943 Posts
the dow has a book called fishing close to home it tells where the metro lakes are whats in them and the regulations for those lakes its one of the few things that they do really good

·
Registered
144 Posts
"Fishing Close to Home" can be picked-up at many tackle and sporting goods shops. I think it's an excellent guide for someone new to the area or is unfamiliar with some of the waters mentioned on these forums/threads.

B

·
0 Posts
most lakes and ponds in the parks offer blue gills. try Cenntenial park off of Federall and union.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i used to fish that little lake when i was little, i cleaned that lake up so, you can try but ill doubt youll catch anything. my grandpa says chat field has a ton of bluegill nice sized ones too, and you can also go to the park on wads and bowls, fish with a worm under a bobber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts