Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you just moved here and you applied for a fishing license you have your receipt can you fish with the receipt or do you need to have the license? I was asked this and I have no idea how to answer, any feed back would be great!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Found this online... Hope it helps!!
http://cpw.state.co.us/buyapply/Pages/Fishing.aspx

A temporary authorization number (TAN) may be substituted for the license(s) purchased for 14 days from the date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive anything in the mail. A temporary authorization number (TAN) is all you need for 1 or 5 day fishing licenses.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Ron, this is from the CPW site on using the TAN receipt until you get the license in the mail...

A temporary authorization number (TAN) may be substituted for the license(s) purchased for 14 days from the date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive anything in the mail. A temporary authorization number (TAN) is all you need for 1 or 5 day fishing licenses.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
oooops...to late! THX Ricky!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts