Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, attempted to renew My Co. Fishing license today for 2018... went to DICKS , as I have the last few years. The clerk tried for 10 mins and finally gave the CPW help desk a call, as He was having problems with the "system"
Turns out that if You have "renewed" Your Colorado Drivers License within the last 9 months... it's a NO GO at any of the retail licensing outlets...
The "NEWER" style drivers licenses.. ( the ones that look like cheap paper) do NOT "link up" with CPW's data bases. They cannot confirm Your "years of residency" in the State...
I was told I'd need to go to one of CPW's office locations...
So, I went out to the location on C 470 and Sante Fe and they had no problem renewing My license .. The Gal said it's a BIG glitch that CPW is working on....?????????

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Well, attempted to renew My Co. Fishing license today for 2018... went to DICKS , as I have the last few years. The clerk tried for 10 mins and finally gave the CPW help desk a call, as He was having problems with the "system"
Turns out that if You have "renewed" Your Colorado Drivers License within the last 9 months... it's a NO GO at any of the retail licensing outlets...
The "NEWER" style drivers licenses.. ( the ones that look like cheap paper) do NOT "link up" with CPW's data bases. They cannot confirm Your "years of residency" in the State...
I was told I'd need to go to one of CPW's office locations...
So, I went out to the location on C 470 and Sante Fe and they had no problem renewing My license .. The Gal said it's a BIG glitch that CPW is working on....?????????

Um...isn't that some ish!!! WTH. Hopefully that glitch gets fixed soon because I just renewed my license and it looks like a frickin' green card!!! I'm nowhere near C470 and Santa Fe.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I guess I can't see why they are having such a problem. Your DL number is the same as it has always been since you got one. So if you lived here 5 years ago and haven't moved anywhere you will still have the same DL number just like your CID number. Seems like the CPW could figure out a way to sync the 2.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Read the changes for 2018 in the book! If you've renewed your DL in the last 6 months, you must show proof of residency to the DOW. Not a brain buster

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Read the changes for 2018 in the book! If you've renewed your DL in the last 6 months, you must show proof of residency to the DOW. Not a brain buster
It is not in question as to the change... the discussion has been about WHY!
Maybe you should have taken your own advice and did a little reading before chiming in with a snarky comment.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is not in question as to the change... the discussion has been about WHY!

Maybe you should have taken your own advice and did a little reading before chiming in with a snarky comment.

It because some people are getting a Colorado DL and applying for tags before they are a resident. Perhaps you're the one who should read a little

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have had a CID since they went to this. If they can't figure out that I have had a fishing license every year since then they have a flawed system.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
It's just an inconvenience. Working in SW Denver and living in Arvada, they just need to get it right. C470 isn't near me and Broadway office isn't either. I was born and raised in Colorado. Again, I have a some time before I renew so hopefully it's not an issue. There's not an online renewal is there?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
System has a glitch... PERIOD !
I've had a "resident, full year" fishing license since 1967...
You'd think when I presented last years license.....
THAT would have proved My residency by itself..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
just renewed mine at Walmart today, no hassles no problems, just showed my drivers license and last years tag and all was well. the guy did say next year will be 18 dollars more anybody know if thats true.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
just renewed mine at Walmart today, no hassles no problems, just showed my drivers license and last years tag and all was well. the guy did say next year will be 18 dollars more anybody know if thats true.
Do you have the green driver's license that has been renewed within the past six months? Think that's the issue.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok so I did some investigating on the CPW web site. I had already set up an account with my CID number some time back. Anyway I logged in to my account and what did I find? The same ish I knew they had. Same dl number length of res what licenses I bought last year. So the problem is their's. I do hope they can figure it out. A license agent I talked to today said they had been having problems also.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts