Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to be moving to Co. I seen the fishing License post . I went to the web site but have some questions.

In Pa we can now have 3 hooks on a fishing rod and we can have 3 fishing rods per license . We have to get a trout stamp and pay extra to fish for trout . Hows it work in Colorado.

I also here about boat inspections whats that ?

People here complain about how the lakes are and I here the same here .I thought the grass was greener in Co.

I normally have 3 rods out the back and troll .

Thanks Jack

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
2 rods with second rod stamp. 3 hooks per rod (overkill in my opinion). Boat inspections are required before launch into lakes that require them to reduce the risk of spreading invasive species. The grass ain't greener in CO; it's desert! :biggrin1:

Fishing regulations: http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Brochure/fishing.pdf

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told her it looked like a desert when we flew in the other week . I better read up . I wouldnt want to break any laws would I LOL.

Here the wardens watch from acrossed the lake looking for law breakers. We have some big crank baits with 3 hooks also the alabama rig is popular with many hooks for stripers. They watch for the alabama rig .

I dont carp fish but they chum the week before and come back .

The oh I didnt know that doesnt fly here. They say after writing you up I bet you do now. Most wardens are ok if your ok with them .I havent gotten a ticket in my life.

·
Registered
740 Posts
PA DOW and CO CPW sound much the same. You will be fine, some different regs but not too bad in my opinion.

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts