Walmart
K-mart
Sportsmans
Gart Sports
Other

·
Registered
460 Posts
Everplace charges the same. Some fo the stores dont know how to use the machines and make you wait hours to get your stuff. Best place would be Sportsmans or Walmart. I have found these to be the best. Garts Sports is ok. the others arent worth your time. You can also purchase a license on the internet. Just print out your temporary license and the real one comes in the mail.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
License retailers can only sell you a license for a set price. They make a small fee for the service (I think its 50 cents per license) That is why many of the smaller retailers will not take a credit card for a license. It cost just as much to have the credit card company process it if not more than they make on it.

Dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
didnt know that they all had to be one price. i thought the stores could add a dollar or two to the price. does everyobdy here add the search and resque to their license?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Is there an option to not pay the fee?  Even if there is, it is the cheapest insurance you can buy.  If you get lost and have to be rescued, no matter where or what you are doing in the state there is no charge if you can prove you paid the Search and Rescue fee. 

If you have not paid the fee than you can be held liable for the cost of rescuing you.  That can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

Dan

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are a hunter or are even thinking about hunting, get the combined license.

just my .02

John

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got everything on my license. Small game, fishing, adn search and rescue. When i went to kmart for my hunting license they asked if i wanted the serach adn rescue. Except they didnt charge me for it. It showed i had search and rescue but said that it was free. :mad: We handed it back and asked them to prove that we paid. Dont know if the price would ahve made a difference, but most likely if i didnt pay, i wouldn't be covered. ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts