Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New member here and trying to get out finally for the first time this year :)

I am planning on hitting on Lonetree tomorrow morning and I wanted to get thoughts on where to hit. I am fishing onshore, no boat :(

I had read that fishing the northern end is the best, but I couldnt see how to get over there unless you wanna make a long trip around the reservoir.

ANy suggestions would be great :)

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah as said above park on the north side on 42nd St/Co Rd 14. There are a couple of pull-offs either side of the canal bridge. From there it's a resonable walk up the ditch to the lake. Lonetree can be a fickle s.o.b. I iced it several times this winter for eyes. Sometimes I caught multiple fish pretty quickly other days I froze my arse off as I drilled hole after hole looking for the bite and never getting one! You might also want to consider Lon Hagler as a back up, its right up the road from Lonetree and fishes decently from the bank. You can easily buzz up there if you can't find the bite on Lonetree.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I got skunked today. Lost a bit a tackle due to the high waters. Used lighter Rapalas and some smaller flies. They worked pretty good in the tree ridden areas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It can be a tricky lake for sure but there can be some amazing fishing if you hit it at the right time and place and right presentation. It has taken Me a few years and I still don't have her figured out but she gives it up sometimes and it can be on fire just gotta put in the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts