Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up fishing again (about a 10 year gap), and I am not originally from Colorado. The place I normally fish is Jefferson Lake. As I live in Aurora, it's a decent drive to get there. If I were to go fishing at Cherry Creek or Chatfield Reservoir, what areas of the lake would be decent areas to fish from the bank? I would be interested in fish like trout, bluegill, and bass.

I would also be interested in any other places that are decently close to the Aurora area. Pretty much looking for a place to go fishin during the week, since most people are off during the weekends and places can get crowded.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you park on E. Arbor Dr. You can walk or bike in and fish Aurora without a fee.
Many thanks for the note. Good day all !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'll have to check them out.

I went to Chatfield this morning. Didn't catch anything, which is fine because it was beautiful anyways. And got to see 2 bucks fighting too.

Do you guys have any tips for bank fishing there? What areas to fish and what tackle? I fished along the "beach" of the southern most part of the lake using spoons, inline spinners, and even a trout magnet with not even a bite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts