Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Fishing Near Colorado Springs

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jkaboom 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to Colorado Springs and am in search of the best places with public access for trout fishing near CO Springs. Would appreciate any places you would recommend. I'm a beginner on the fly but am used to fairly advanced water.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
The Arkansas tailwater is not worth the drive right now, fishing has been really rough lately with extremely low flows and warm, off-colored water...

#9 · (Edited)
Just for clarification....When you say 11 mile. There is 11 mile canyon which flows out of 11 mile reservior (part of the South Platte river system). The canyon area is 8 miles of beautiful/scenic river fishing (upper half is flies and lures only, lower half anything goes). Some of the members here have given you directions to 11 mile reservoir. Both have plenty of public access...personally if you have a boat the lake is good, but if your on foot I would go to the canyon first....just wanted to clarify as it's sometimes confusing to someone new to the area.

The other lakes recommended by other members are also good suggestions. Rosemont reservior.....The catamount lakes North and South are on the drive up to Pikes Peak. At the ranger station tell them your going to go fishing and it's only $4. otherwise they think your driving to the top of mountian and it's like $12. Here's the link with more info. http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=2036 . Within the city limits someone already mentioned. Pikeview, Quail, and prospect lakes. There is another easy access lake outside of Woodland park (7 miles to the north of Woddland park) called Manitou lake. For river fishing there is 11 mile canyon, deckers, the Arkansas below Pueblo dam, cheeseman canyon. This should keep you busy for awhile.

Good Luck....Hope this helps,
John G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.