Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am heading down there this weekend and wanted to see if anyone had any tips...i will be spin casting no fly fishing (YET)....let me know thanks....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not sure about runoff conditions but
small gold spoons, yellow/red panther martins, rainbow rooster tails, small rainbow rapalas.
The browns are pretty aggressive there and will hit most any type of trout lure.
Get to learn the fly rod thing by fall and then you can fish the hopper/stimulator dry fly bite.
It's more fun than _____.
You fill in the blanks.
Tight Lines.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
its been like chocolate milk down there lately

if it is still real muddy then id drift some worms thru the deeper holes and drop em in behind som rocks maybe some grasshoppers if you can catch some

if it is starting to clear toss spinners upstream and bring them back with the current just fast enough to keep the blade spinning also use a heavy enough (or add wieght) so you keep ticking the bottom on your retrive toss them right tight to the down stream side of mid river rocks and retrive em down to you

if you cross the river at texas creek and drive upstream on the dirt road you can find a few spots to park and get access to the river by walking under railroad bridges and scurrying thru culverts under the tracks, some will just walk over the tracks but i have friends that have got tickets for that so be advised

my personal fav spinner is the panter martin yellow body red spots with silver blade no spots just heavy enough to cast and keep contact with the bottom some times i go smaller and add a few split shot also

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Hammer said:
Not sure about runoff conditions but
small gold spoons, yellow/red panther martins, rainbow rooster tails, small rainbow rapalas.
The browns are pretty aggressive there and will hit most any type of trout lure.
Get to learn the fly rod thing by fall and then you can fish the hopper/stimulator dry fly bite.
It's more fun than work.
You fill in the blanks.
Tight Lines.
then again isnt every thing

·
Registered
372 Posts
If the fish are biting, they will always take Panther Martins
black body w/ yellow spots and gold blade. The all brass one
works just as well from what I have seen this spring.

Fish as much water as you can, not just the fishy looking
spots. There are lots of fish in places that look like they
hold no attraction.

Enjoy!

CRK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.