Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know of a place to catch trout around vail, copper mountain area. I fished at nottingham lake in avon a few years back but they were small ones I caught. I use baits. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
lake dillion, ten mile creek ,clinton ,twin ,forebay ,black lakes ,ect ect the places i listed are within 30 min off i-70 which ever direction you want to go

·
Banned
487 Posts
Gore Creek has good fishing for browns, rainbows, cutts, and some big brookies. It has 16" plus fish of all those kinds. My largest brookie, a 19 incher, was caught not far above the Eagle Confluence on a black panther martin.
Tenmile creek has fishing for numbers of brookies, cutts, and a few rainbows and browns.
And the upper Eagle near the minturn turn off is great. Lots of rainbows, browns, and a few brookies even. It's not like the Colorado, but their are enough 20 inch plus trout to keep it interesting. And plus, 14" wild trout are still funner than heck on either bait, lures, or flies.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey bigbrown- Is Clinton iced-out yet? We came down Fremont Pass about 3 weeks ago and it was still frozen solid. I hear there's some nice cutts in there but was wondering if they're tempermental. Being so close to the highway, I imagine it gets a lot of fishing pressure, too.

Just wondering. Anyone else can chime in, too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hows it going dante yes clinton is iced out the cuttys are raging right now you have to hike to the east side of the lake to the inlet

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the info, BB! We're doing great but the fishing has been either red hot or ice cold for us. Hope your Spring has been fantastic (I'm sure it is!) I enjoyed reading your reports about brookie fishing around Breckenridge.

We're ready to fish Dillon again with you for those big browns this time!!!! ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts