Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took my dad to Boyd last year and slayed the white bass. Took him to Granby the year bfore & caught a bunch of lakers and rainbows. My bachelor party is the night before this year so I don't think I'll be getting up to early. Might have to break tradition this year or go somewhere in the evening. Where are you guys going?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm going to try and break my "urban bass hole rut" and do some camping on the Poudre. The river will still be a bit muddy so I will have to hit some nearby lakes.

If you have some pointers, tips, hints or great info on this area, please e-mail me.

Matt

T

·
0 Posts
basser-
if you don't go too far up poudre canyon to camp, consider tripping back down to douglar reservoir. if not, and you want trout, go up to bellaire lake/campground - very pretty and a nice 8 acre lake with trout biting well.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks Tomcat, I'll add that to the small list I have going here. Look me up in Golden some time and I'll buy you a couple of cold ones.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
My son and I are headed for Navajo Reservoir friday night and coming back next Wednesday...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Mattsabasser --- If you are considering Bellaire. I thought you should know there are other lakes close by. I'd recommend the Bellaire campground, but Dowdy and West also have campgrounds. My favorite lakes are Parvin (fly & lure only), and Creedmore. Both are usually practicaly secluded. All these lakes are w/ in 20 minutes of each other.

Good Luck to everyone. 8)

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Wife and Daughters have informed me that they are taking me "fishing" on Chatfield Sunday......

I smell a rat though.... :mad:

I suspect (since they are so eager to go) that they are wanting to go tubing and skiing since they never fish....

John

·
Registered
472 Posts
James...I have Red Feather on my list as a backup in case my initial spots are too crowded. I am dying to try this Watson Lake out for smallies but think it may be a bit crowded with all the fanfair its gotten lately.

I'll be out there Friday through Sunday so hitting quite a few spots and hope to get lucky is my itinerary.

I appreciate all the help folks. I havn't been up this way in a while and starting from scratch so to sp[eak.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, for Father's Day, the wife and I want to get our boat out on Chatfield. We also plan on being on Chatfield on Saturday morning, but fairly early to do some fishing. I want to try out the new rod/reel my wife bought me for my birthday last weekend. It is one of those reel that you pull back a "trigger" and just cast it out. No more pulling back that metal loop, grabbing the line and casting. The easier it is for me to cast, the better I like it.
Cowboy

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dad and I are probably going to head out east to Prewitt. It's a 100 mile drive, windy and hot as hell, but usually not to busy. We both like it out there for unknown reasons considering that it's either hit or miss. Hopefully the wiper will be hitting along with some saugeyes and catfish. I'm going for a 10lber. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
943 Posts
my wife and daughter are taking me to granby. hey matt take someblue fox spinners and fish the holes in the river. i have found them stacked in there and just killed them

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
me and a buddy are gonna hit lathrop down in walsenberg so maybe i can catch my first musky, he caught 2 in a hour over 40 inches there last year on this weekend, so hoping maybe lightning might strike twice.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I work on Fathers Day so we decided to make plans for Saturday.  My son goes skydiving that afternoon in Longmont. (Combination graduation and b-day present).  After he is done we plan on stopping and fishing either at Union, Barbour Ponds or other place in the area and having a bbq.  Hopefully we catch some fish.

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan said:
I work on Fathers Day so we decided to make plans for Saturday.  My son goes skydiving that afternoon in Longmont. (Combination graduation and b-day present).  After he is done we plan on stopping and fishing either at Union, Barbour Ponds or other place in the area and having a bbq.  Hopefully we catch some fish.

Dan
You're not taking the dive with him?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? Using an oversized umbrella? Do I look stoopid to you? (that is a rhetorical question)

Dan

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had bad times at barbour we got skunked after like six hours of fishing, youll have to post how ya do. of course the water was a little murky from the storm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts