Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boy fishing this evening... He outdid me.

He got his two on his new 10' bamboo cane pole, I got my one on a neon yellow-headed purple bodied MisterTwister curlytailed grub.

Gread evening fishing.... No doubt.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
LOL That's great! Grew up on bamboo cane poles teamed with 30# dacron. Hook a biggun, put a big bend in the pole and hang on!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He decided a few months back that he was a "cane fisherman" as he calls it.

It all started with a bad nest in his Mitchell 300... no way to untangle on the fly, and he had 5-7 feet of usable line. Started pitching worms weightless out by some rocks and outfished me 2-1 doing that. Since then, he will always take some time during each trip with his drag locked down and 7 or so feet of line, pitching a crawler out several feet from shore... "Cane fishing."

Last week I bought him a real bamboo cane fishing pole... Today was his first chance to use it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
He decided a few months back that he was a "cane fisherman" as he calls it.

It all started with a bad nest in his Mitchell 300... no way to untangle on the fly, and he had 5-7 feet of usable line. Started pitching worms weightless out by some rocks and outfished me 2-1 doing that. Since then, he will always take some time during each trip with his drag locked down and 7 or so feet of line, pitching a crawler out several feet from shore... "Cane fishing."

Last week I bought him a real bamboo cane fishing pole... Today was his first chance to use it.
Nice
Oprah
That the pond behind the crib?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He got me on numbers and on big fish...

maybe I should buy myself a cane pole...

He got em both dropping his worm right into a submerged tree... I told him he was going to snag up, but he did it anyway. :)

The first one tangled him in the tree and I had to help him coax the fish out of the limbs... Second one he got out on his own.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Well done Opry and son!
I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of lifelong fisherman over 50 began the quest with a cane pole as a child.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts