Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some peoples posts saying that hunting is barbaric. What is the difference between fishing and hunting? I know that some will say that with fishing you can release the fish, where as with hunting you aim to kill. With fishing,(I'm not a boilogist but I would bet close to 40-50 of the fish caught and released die. (I could be a little high on the %)With bait more.
You kill either way, what ever you like do it. I like both, but I will not kill anything, if I will not eat it.
Catch it, or shoot it, I say. Be Cool

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Its an endless arguement... vegatarians that eat chicken or fish or whatever.  Catch and release fisherman who get discussed at people keeping fish.  Trophy hunters that only hunt to kill the animal but dont eat them.  
No matter what you do in life there are people that wont agree with it, I dont like to force my opinion on anyone, fish need to be killed and so does wild game its the circle of life (lion king playing in the background)  We are the dominate predators, however we need to use conservation to ensure we have something to prey apun.

side note:  I do not hunt... I use to pheasent hunt growing up, but I just dont have anyone to hunt with and dont know enough about it to do it on my own.

·
Registered
121 Posts
promote catch and release hunting using a camra or a paint ball gun. i know for years as a teenager there were quite a few squarills running round pearl mac area (72nd and pecos) with paint ball marks on them. but to this day i have no idea who might have been responcible. lol

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They banned blow guns on the army post I was stationed at cause the squirrels were running around with darts sticking out of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts