Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experiences with the Fishpond Nimbus or the Umpqua Ledges 650 pack? I am considering buying a large lumbar pack and have narrowed it down to these two. I know that they are very different, so I am looking for pros and cons on either pack. Thanks for any comments. Jerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the Fishpond Waterdance and like it very much

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Much prefer fishpond. However, I did but the new waterproof waist pack and did not like it at all. Sold it and went back to the water dance guide pack.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Btw, Fishpond headquarters is right next to my work. 3rd and lipan. They don't sell out of there but you can get free swag and if you need warranty service you can drive right over. Cool guys and they will show you their latest stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jerry,

I use the Nimbus and really like it. It will hold a lot of boxes, the Umpqua 650 is not as big. I can get 6 of the bigger boxes in the Nimbus fairly easy.

Carl

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys, thanks for the responses. I did buy yesterday. I purchased the Waterdance. I have an older model right now and the newer version had some improvements I liked. After some thought, I decided to stay with the pack I know and liked instead of venturing out into unknown waters (so to speak). Have a great day, Jerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have fished out of both of the packs and the Umpqua Pack is WAAAAAYYYY better than the waterdance. When you fill up the waterdance it has a tendency to sag very badly. THe Umpqua Pack has a metal piece that keeps the pack snug to your hip and will NOT sag away from the body even without the shoulder strap attached.

Umpqua really has it goin on with all of the new packs they are coming out with. If you look at all the packs that fishpond comes out with it seems like they are just trying to flood the market with half a$$ed products.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have fished out of both of the packs and the Umpqua Pack is WAAAAAYYYY better than the waterdance. When you fill up the waterdance it has a tendency to sag very badly. THe Umpqua Pack has a metal piece that keeps the pack snug to your hip and will NOT sag away from the body even without the shoulder strap attached.

Umpqua really has it goin on with all of the new packs they are coming out with. If you look at all the packs that fishpond comes out with it seems like they are just trying to flood the market with half a$$ed products.
How do you like working for Umpqua?

·
Registered
38 Posts
They are both local Colorado products. Try them on, go with what feels good. *wear it around Cabellas for an hour.

On a related note. Fishpond customer service is excellent. A day after emailing them about specs on their packs, I was immediately contacted with a personal message. Fishpond also seems to have more pack related products to choose from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts