Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where ya goin this weekend? anyone making it out to some open water?

I'll be spending the weekend in buena vista for my wifes birthday. i'll be fishing the arkansas during the day, relaxing in mt princeton hot springs at night ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
gonna go ice fish willies on sunday. im not pulling out the open water rods until early to mid march for the annual sutherland drive.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
FPF said:

I'll be spending the weekend in buena vista for my wifes birthday. i'll be fishing the arkansas during the day, relaxing in mt princeton hot springs at night ;)
You'll be fighting icy banks.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete-G said:
FPF said:

only in the spots that dont get a lot fo sun. i went two weekends ago after all the cold weather and found a few spots with no ice. of course there were other spots that were nearly completely frozen over.

·
Registered
214 Posts
On our way to S Padre for the month, chasin reds and speckled trout on the fly. The Texas flats offer some of the best site fishin, Blacken redfish with mango salsa--YUM. Good fishin!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete-G said:
Did you catch anything two weeks ago? What did you use?
ya me and my friend caught 11 browns in two hours. we went up to test out our new lure design prototypes. actually caught one on my second cast and got it on video! our lure is basically a different styled spoon. gold was the magic color. we've had a lot of luck in that river using kastmasters and krocodiles, brown trout and rainbow trout colors. you thinking of heading up there? id be happy to meet up with you

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
It's going to be nice weather for the next 3 days. Especially tomorrow. I might try the river with a Kastmaster. What size were you using?

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
vinnie said:
On our way to S Padre for the month, chasin reds and speckled trout on the fly. The Texas flats offer some of the best site fishin, Blacken redfish with mango salsa--YUM. Good fishin!!
I'm flippin' you off right now......I need to get back there. I used to fish the upper Laguna Madre all the time with swimbaits back in the mid 90's, tore those specks up more than anything.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pete-G said:
It's going to be nice weather for the next 3 days. Especially tomorrow. I might try the river with a Kastmaster. What size were you using?
the next size up from the smallest. let me know how you do. send me a PM or something. I'll be sure to fill you in on my report as well

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Ok, one up from the bottom is 1/8oz. I really need an ultra light setup for that size. I'll do my best with what I have. What part of the river were you fishing?

I think this warmer weather should move some of the ice away.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pete-G said:
Ok, one up from the bottom is 1/8oz. I really need an ultra light setup for that size. I'll do my best with what I have. What part of the river were you fishing?

I think this warmer weather should move some of the ice away.
honestly we've used all the sizes and have had luck with each one. i just use the 1/8oz ones because i have a light setup and that one is easiest for me to cast and control. the heavier ones just fly too far for me lol. and i fished an area that was wide and had some 2-3' deep pools. if i were you id fish the 1 mile stretch that runs by fishermans bridge. no ice there and thats where we caught a lot of ours, although i will say we never actually fished the fishermans bridge spot. im trying to give you clues without totally giving my spot away O0

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Couldn't catch a thing from the river. I worked my way down river until I got to Sands Lake. I caught 6 out of there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts