Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok admit it you threw how many dollars down the powerball rat hole?! Well its time for Nate Zelinsky's 2nd stop Ice Addiction tourney at Chatfield this Saturday January 23rd from 8 am until noon. First place I hear is $3000. There are contest prizes to 25 places and the unique thing is first place gets 1st choice of whatever prize they want...2nd place gets next choice of what is left over so you may get a chance at something that is missing from your ice fishing arsenal! This is modeled after the Minnesota Jaycee's ice tournaments where all the holes are pre-drilled in a grid formation. Nate's team tries to drill 20% more holes than contestants so you can move around to other holes if you initially pick a bad one. Everyone fishes in the open no shelters to promote everything in the open. One rod one hole and bait or lures. The carnage is a hoot and the odds are much better than powerball plus you get to fish. I am on call but plan to be there with my palm tree seeing if I can scratch out a fish or two. I know other Colorado Fisherman derelicts will be there! Come on out its fun! After all its why we go isn't it?! And so everyone knows I am not affiliated with this...its just a fun thing to do...

Fact sheet

http://tightlineoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016_TLO_ICE_FACTS_CHTFLD_JAN23.pdf

Rules

http://tightlineoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2016_TLO_ICE_RULES.pdf

http://tightlineoutdoors.com/ice-addiction/

·
Registered
740 Posts
You can pay the same day but it's quicker and easier to pre-register.

ZMAN - I did not catch a fish either time the last two years and don't think you did either but like you - what the hell.... will give it a go again :p

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
That's because of the Zcurse!!! If I were you guys I would fish on the other side of the grid from his palm tree if you want a chance!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
jkaboom...its been tough for sure...I figure I have just chosen poorly...

Yep that's me shutting down a lake...::)...ahhh the usual convenient excuse for everone's fishing inadequacies...hmmmm which group traditionally shuts bernie down?...<jeopardy theme>

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Mark... I'll take a hole next to You (if I can make it)
Between Your "negativity" and My "negativity" ...
That should equal a "POSITIVITY" right? ::)
Can't lose as I see it....:eek:

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Yep that's me shutting down a lake...::)...ahhh the usual convenient excuse for everone's fishing inadequacies...hmmmm which group traditionally shuts bernie down?...<jeopardy theme>
You guys do since you go earlier!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys do since you go earlier!!! :biggrin1:
Hey I got the only one Bernie ever witnessed on topwater...a fat 17 lber as Tony was asking Bernie behind me if he ever got one or saw one on top water...as he was saying Nope never...thats the power of the Zcurse...lolololol

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark... I'll take a hole next to You (if I can make it)
Between Your "negativity" and My "negativity" ...
That should equal a "POSITIVITY" right? ::)
Can't lose as I see it....:eek:
Lol works for me...I aint showing up early...7 30 tops...take whatever iceholes is left over...sloppy 433rds!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I'd rather fishing... somewhere else. I wouldn't get up in the morning for $3,000 anyway. :p

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Whoa money bags!

Tongue in cheek, man, tongue in check. :D But, no, I wouldn't get up in the morning to pay $40 to get a shot at $3,000 out of however many hundreds of people are going to show up. I'm no math geek, but let's say 300 people show up, I believe the expected value would be 0.25. The expected value on the last big PowerBall was actually bigger than that. No thanks...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the rumored prize list...subject to change/tweaks...

-1st-$3000
-Aqua-Vu 11/Clam 1660 Thermal Shelter//$200 to Bass
-Jiffy Pro4 ice drill/Aqua-Vu 11
-Vexilar FL-18 and Aqua Vu 11
-Bradley Smoker/$100 to Bass Pro
-$500 Bass Pro Gift Card
-Nebulus Floation Device
-Clam Edge 8" power auger
-Aqua Vu11/JR's Custom Rod/Eagle Claw Gunnison Reel
-Aqua Vu 11/ Jet Sled
-Aqua Vu Micro 5
-Grizzly 60 Cooler
-Clam Edge Blue Suit
-Aqua Vu 11
-Costa Rafaels /$50 to Bass Pro
-Eagle Claw Sabello reel/Jet Sled/Peets Advantage Boot Dryer
-Mr Heater Buddy/Ego S2 Slider/Peets Boot Dryer
-Mr Heater Little Buddy/Ego Ultra Grip Tool/ Peets Multi
Dryer
-Costa Tuna Alley ($279)
-Costa Mag Bay Glasses ($249)
-Work Sharp knife Sharpener/Clam Single snider Rod Locker/Peets Boot I Dryer
-$100 to Bass Pro/JR's Custom Rod/Eagle Claw Gunnison Reel-
-Vortex Diamondback Optics
-Eagle Claw Saberro/Mr Heater Tank Top
-Ego Mini Grip Tool/Clam Pro Series 36"/Mr Heater CookTop

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have to say the Ice Addiction tournaments have by far the best prizes for ice fishing in Colorado that I have seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last year I think only 5 or so fish were caught so they did a drawing at the end to give away the rest of the prizes. Biggest fish might have been about 1.5#? It might have been all trout.

How's the ice at Chatfield? I haven't been out yet this year.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
But you guys know this really is a lottery, just on ice , with a few nice prizes. I'll take my 40 bucks else where, catch a bunch of fish, and enjoy the day without some gimmick excuse to go fish.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep not for everyone...lackadaisical fishing in the morning...chasing walleyes in the afternoon/evening...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts