Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read the fishing reports for the Arkansas for last weekend - Bighorn Sheep Canyon is boiling - tricos, bwo's, golden stones, caddis, GREEN DRAKES, hoppers....everything! My buddy and I hop in the truck and dive in around 10:00 AM and fish hard until 5. Covered miles of river. Never saw a single rising trout. Not a ring, not a bulge or nose or roll. Never saw an insect on the water or in the air. Nothing. I am so sick and tired of these BS flyshop reports that get everybody all hot about the fishing. Don't get me wrong. We caught a bunch of fish, but on nymphs fished deep. This nonsense about rising trout was all about getting us into one of their shops to buy a pair of waders. There has to be a way to get reliable fishing reports.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The best reliable report is the one you create.

Not trying to be funny or a smart ass, just the facts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Some fly shops create the most complete BS fishing reports. Surprisingly, I have found the most consistent, accurate fishing reports for Colorado are actually from the Orvis website. They don't glorify everything and if the fishing has sucked recently, they'll tell you.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Didn't see one single bug? Were you fishing with your eyes closed?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Some fly shops create the most complete BS fishing reports. Surprisingly, I have found the most consistent, accurate fishing reports for Colorado are actually from the Orvis website. They don't glorify everything and if the fishing has sucked recently, they'll tell you.

I'd agree if you're the flyfishing type Orvis Denver is usually pretty accurate with their reports.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I read the fishing reports for the Arkansas for last weekend - Bighorn Sheep Canyon is boiling - tricos, bwo's, golden stones, caddis, GREEN DRAKES, hoppers....everything! My buddy and I hop in the truck and dive in around 10:00 AM and fish hard until 5. Covered miles of river. Never saw a single rising trout. Not a ring, not a bulge or nose or roll. Never saw an insect on the water or in the air. Nothing. I am so sick and tired of these BS flyshop reports that get everybody all hot about the fishing. Don't get me wrong. We caught a bunch of fish, but on nymphs fished deep. This nonsense about rising trout was all about getting us into one of their shops to buy a pair of waders. There has to be a way to get reliable fishing reports.
Royal Gorge anglers fishing report got you hu? Every report they post, "It's like fishing in a barrel, bottom line is you need to get on the ark now" I've been suckered into believing them too, and had the same results as you, except without catching fish. That Taylor guy, F*** him... lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts