Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What do you think when you see a report on a small body of water?

• It makes me mad, because small waters cannot handle the pressure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care, because I don't think it has an impact

• I enjoy and post reports on small bodies of water

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what I think - just curious of what the general consensus is.

I'm open to any alterations to the poll if necessary

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Where is the option for people that post small ponds should have a visit from Seal Team 6?...ok maybe not that harsh...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Did they change who shot him now and I missed it?...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I wouldn't say mad as much as sad. Everyone does not have the same ideas about how to treat a pond, I will say that.

I don't do it because it is not required. Folks can look at maps same as me.

It boils down to this:

The anglers who have done the leg work treat their finds with respect.

It is the difference between buying a car with honest effort or having Daddy Warbucks hand you the keys. Which car is going to get better treatment? Daddy can always but you a new car...

SS

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah sad is a better term...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swimbait said:
I wouldn't say mad as much as sad. Everyone does not have the same ideas about how to treat a pond, I will say that.

I don't do it because it is not required. Folks can look at maps same as me.

It boils down to this:

The anglers who have done the leg work treat their finds with respect.

It is the difference between buying a car with honest effort or having Daddy Warbucks hand you the keys. Which car is going to get better treatment? Daddy can always but you a new car...

SS
Okay - well say for example: You scouted out a small pond that yields a few nice bass from time to time. It's a public pond that anyone can go to, however, in general it's not heavily fished.

You login to a fishing website and see a first timer that landed one of the nice bass in the pond and made a post about it. Giving away location, spot and that sort of thing. Lots of replies about details... etc. The spot gets pounded, trashed and over ran.

How do you feel about that?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
They were bass...its not like they were gamefish...bwahahahahahaa...

·
Registered
816 Posts
People that post reports of small ponds that name and show pics of the spot they caught it at are not very wise. There is no good reason to do such a thing when the bassin here in CO is under par for the most part and those people that do these things are making it worse for themselves and the other people that really truly care about there fisheries.

It makes me mad and it makes me sad but I can't stop it so I just move along and keep to myself.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
It sucks when you find out after your spot has been trashed that folks, not even forum members, but lurkers that read a report on a website about the fishing out there, and someone was catching x,y, and z. Only to look back and realize it was your report from before that pond got trashed....

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
J.R.R. Trollin'Ken said:
Pisssha... Don't you people know, ponds are self renewing resources?? Duh!

Now, give up the goods...I'm hungry!
Kinney Lake SWA, bring your powerbait, those fish love it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Frog Walker said:
People that post reports of small ponds that name and show pics of the spot they caught it at are not very wise. There is no good reason to do such a thing when the bassin here in CO is under par for the most part and those people that do these things are making it worse for themselves and the other people that really truly care about there fisheries.

It makes me mad and it makes me sad but I can't stop it so I just move along and keep to myself.
I mean what can you really do? I got banned for voicing my opinion on that through multiple accounts :-X

It really sucks when you see a large bass (or any species) taken out of a small pond when it affects the whole food chain in that pond, and spawning structure

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You can put me under a bare light bulb, drip water on my forehead and pull my fingernails out with a pair of needle nose pliers..............................................I'm still not gonna talk about small locations. Just not gonna do it.

Guys who want to be spoon fed locations are just lazy. They don't get to fish out of my boat either.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Just about every single pond in the metro area has decent size bass. I walk my dogs every day and try to go to places that have ponds just to keep on eye on conditions and talk to anyone who might be fishing. 99.5% of the time no one is fishing them, even the ones that I know hold big bass. I don't see this as a problem..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts