Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No monsters there, lures only, but fun to catch the fish there and it's a beautiful location. Open to any time Friday, so if interested, let me know. Going to be at 40 hours of work come Friday, so can take the whole day off. I can meet you anywhere between I-25 Exit 149 all the way down to the Broadmoor. I'll drive, of course. - Noel

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could quit when I hit 40 hours. Shoot I'd be off Thurs and Friday most weeks!

Even though I'm salaried, if I work more than 40 hours, since we work for the government, then I can't give away time to the government as that could be considered a "gift". So, my first 2 hours past 40 goes to Honeywell as green time that they charge the government for, than anything over 2 hours, I earn comp time for, up to 80 hours. Unfortunately, contract is ending soon and I'll probably be job hunting very soon.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is beautiful up there. I might go try there Sunday.
Agree, beautiful area. Small hike down to reservoir from parking area, and usually not too crowded. Supposed to be lures only, but always see empty night crawler and power bait containers. They love my March Brown lure up there! Them, and Panther Martins! I heard Rampart is open, but going to call CPW to make sure, as I may go to Rosemont in the A.M. and Rampart in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, going up to Rampart this morning, then Skaguay. Maybe hit Rosemont tomorrow. If you see a black Ram 1500 with a Pats' decal in the back window and DV license plates, that's me!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Fished the Skag a few times, buncha 10-12" stockers. No reason to go back there-

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stayed at Rampart too long to catch nothing at all, so to make myself feel better, went to 11-Mile Reservoir as I didn't feel like making a late drive out of Skaguay. Got my limit and a lot more from 11-Mile, as after the 30 mph winds died down, the fishing really picked up. Trout were definitely in the shallows, as were the kokanee, but couldn't get the kokanee to bite.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Go to Photobucket.Com and open an account. Upload the pic you want to post there, click on pic and look on the right side of the page for direct link, click on that link and that copies the pic, now paste into post where you want it!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go to Photobucket.Com and open an account. Upload the pic you want to post there, click on pic and look on the right side of the page for direct link, click on that link and that copies the pic, now paste into post where you want it!
Thanks, Tony!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts