Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late notice, but after reading that 11-Mile was 75% ice free, I feel like going fishing tomorrow. If anyone's interested, PM me. I am in the Colorado Springs area.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blowfish, didn't have any pics but scenery last time from Rampart...hoping for a different story today!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skunked again, but so were the other 20 people I talked to. 11-Mile looks like it is at 90% ice off, with the majority of the ice being at the east end towards the middle of the reservoir. I tried kasties, spoons, Panther Martins, krocodiles, Mepps, Joes Flies, Buoyants, Rapalas...just have a sore arm to show for it. Did find a big ass head from a rainbow on shore that 2 eagles were feeding on; that was a big fish that someone caught earlier and cleaned it on shore. Was 52 - 54 degrees, sunny, no cloud cover with just a slight breeze until around 5:30 PM when the wind started picking up a bit. Water real clear. Fished Witcher's Cove and Rocking Chair, Lazy Boy areas. Legs sore from 9 hours in waders! Must be getting old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts