Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between March 8 and 19 I alternated days skiing the great snow in Vail and fishing my home water, Gore Ck., the gold medal stream that runs through town.

The toilet paper hatch usually came off around 11AM each day from it's usual source, the warm springs at the Water Sanitation District plant downstream from Lionshead. 

But why complain?  It's those organic nutrients that make the Gore the great trout stream it is today.  Still, it can be tiresome clearing not only algae from your nymph but also toilet paper from you leader. 

On most days I fished, it was cold and snowing.  There were few trout to be seen and the ones I spotted were only holding position. 

On the only warmer day I fished, numerous trout were in their feeding lanes, sipping no-see-ums off the surface. 

That day, using a 22 midge emerger on 7X and my smallest split shot, I released 9" and 11" browns and a 11" rainbow in front of the Westin in Cascade Village.  In other words, I only caught the uneducated ones.  The experienced 14-16" trout that are so common on the fertile section of the Gore all ignored my offerings.  They see your nymph heading their way and move to the side to avoid getting snagged, all the while keeping their mouths closed.

Still, it beat work and provided my legs with a much needed rest from skiing.

Fishing will pick up if it ever stops snowing.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fisherman always have colorful names for fishing holes, got to love it.

G

·
Maybe the trout up there in "Vail" have better hygiene than the one's down here on the front range. That would explain the tp on your leader. O0

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I don't know anything about the creek, but that has got to be the funniest title for a topic that I have seen in a long time. :D

G

·
hmmm, kinda gross, but at least you caught fish

there has not been a topic yet where anyone mentions anything related evem remotely to sewage/treatment plants/ other gross stuff that someone hasn't mentioned catching "browns"

the whoile slipping through the net thing was just gross >:D

G

·
Isn't it weird how the most ridiculous topics get the most posts? And they get worse and worse as time goes by. Remember "strike indicators" ;D O0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.