Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bro is gonna have back surgery in a couple weeks so we're going North to pound some brews and bobos.

Supposed to be nice weather-

So where's everyone going?

Macs, Pike, Bass, Trout are all on fire -( well for some of us)!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Bro is gonna have back surgery in a couple weeks so we're going North to pound some brews and bobos.

Supposed to be nice weather-

So where's everyone going?

Macs, Pike, Bass, Trout are all on fire -( well for some of us)!

Hitting the Fork hoping for some pike, macs, and browns!!! Maybe we'll find some kokes too! 8)

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find the kokes and the others won't be far away-

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've got one more day of blowouts on Monday and then it's on for me. Will be fishing everyday for the next five months unless it snows. Might even get back into ice fishing again, but I have set the following goals for myself fishing my normal haunts before the ice hits.

Goal #1- Rainbow Trout over 10#. Have had a few 6-7 lbers this year and lost one that might have been over 9# that came unbottoned right at the yak.

Goal #2- Brown Trout over 6# out any river not named the Dream Stream.
Goal #3- Pike over 40". Can't seem to break 36"/15lbs so far.

Goal #4- Walleye over 22"(Pretty sad, but I don't remember anything over 19" this year)

Goal #5- Channel Cat over 25#. Haven't targeted them too often this year, but November has always been a good month for me.

Goal #6- Flathead. Haven't ever caught one.....

Goal #7- Lake Trout over 5#. Only fished for them once, so this should be a challenge..... Perhaps the ice-fishing gig will make this one easier.

As for Wiper; that's always a bonus for me. My PB was 14lbs back when Pueblo was full of big ones. Now I'm just hoping to catch one.

Bass, Crappie and Gills...... I've broken my PB's this season and will wait for spring to start over again unless I luck into them chasing others.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I imagine we can hook up sometime in the next 5 months? You win the Lotto or sumthin?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I imagine we can hook up sometime in the next 5 months? You win the Lotto or sumthin?
Benefits of being a self-employed landscaper. Work lots of long hours in the summer and enjoy some time off in the fall and winter unless it snows. Then I have to plow for 16 hours...

Looking forward to wetting a line with a master like yourself (I can't believe I just typed that---------- Throwing up in my mouth).

·
Registered
253 Posts
On Tuesday, prior to this front coming in, some nicer (15" - 18") smallies at Chatty were still favorably responding to metal. Pretty much the same locations and presentations as last week.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Boyd saturday...lol ugh!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Thinking about giving the baitcaster a first attempt at the local pond. After a few nights of practicing in the backyard I think I got the hang of it. Only snagged the powerlines a few times!

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Hoping to get some strippers here in Nevada. I'm banking on getting some free while getting away but well see
Fixed for ya!!! You know...What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I got skunked this weekend. Hit the Platte and the local pond.

At the pond I was threw a wacky rigged senko around the downed trees, a popper and a rat-l-trap around other parts of shoreline and fanned out across the middle.

First time using the baitcaster... there was a learning curve but it was still a lot of fun.

My buddy caught a ~1 lb largemouth using a carolina rig with a treble hook and a piece of string cheese!

Wasn't expecting a largemouth with that setup.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good luck to your bro on the surgery. Just had one last month. If you didn't wish death on someone, back surgery is next best thing. Hope he has a lot of help.
Good luck to him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts