Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants to go on a drive in the mountains near Colorado Springs this weekend "to see the colors". I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a little fishing with my 7 year old boy. Just interested in catching a few trout with some nightcrawlers or powerbait. I'm thinking of driving to Woodland Park and stopping at Rampart Reservoir on the way or driving up to the Catamount Reservoirs. Any suggestions/comments?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
With the new hurrican and gas going upto 4$ a gallon I suggest looking at the fall colors on your computer.

In all seriousness Rampart would be a great choice and instead of going home threw Woodland Park you can take rampart range road back threw Garden of the Gods. I havent taken the road since winter time so I dont know the condition of the road if you have a low vehicle clearence I wouldnt suggest it just incase but I seen most car types on that road, so most vehicles should be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

Has anyone ever taken the "back way" to Rampart Reservoir, through Monument? Is 4 WD required on that route?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts