Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanna go fishing tomorrow but can't really decide where. I was thinking chatty, the blue, or granby. I was wondering what your opinions would be jus based on the weather and everything. I was thinking granby but it's gonna be cold and windy so id be dealing with a lot of ice buildup and what not while casting and that's never any fun. The blue would be a little easier cuz I wouldn't be doing any casting, just high sticking. So I wouldn't have to worry about the ice buildup as much. And then there's chatty which would def be warmer and less windy but not as productive IMO. Thoughts? Where are you fishing tomorrow?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
If you're fishing a flyrod... Any tail water should be sick.

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Dillon:
-2F tonight. Sunday high of 20F. Winds 20mph.

Heavy snow, bad traffic. **** that ****-

Go for it!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yep, old man winter got me by the balls. I have no choice but to work through it.

This storm brought way more than expected and its still pounding hard.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
yup. today is more of a sons of anarchy and eating pizza/drinking 40's at home type of day.

was asked by my dispatch to run line over to grand junction today... I just looked at him, made a dumb face and laughed. i think you're a ***, fordo but i feel for you if you had to work in this too. ill see you up there next weekend maybe? regardless of snow or whatever... i still love tweener fishing, and this **** will bring out the best of it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think your a class A dip ****. And no you wont see me next weekend, and If you ever happen to see me on the water, just move on. If i see you, Ill do the same.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol :popcorn:
Fucka fishing this weekend JMO

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thanks Opry, My hands are tied, i have no choice but to hang in there, If i don't I lose EVERYTHING.
I'm really lucky to have helpers that stick it out with me. They are the ones that deserve the props. They could just not show up, and go get a different job, or ***** and complain and be totally unproductive, but they kick ass and we bang out alot of steel rain or shine.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I've worked in a non-air-conditioned warehouse in SC in the dead of summer and I've delivered furniture up several flights of iced up stairs in a Colorado winter... Extreme conditions suck, but for me they always created a sense of teamwork and achievement when you do a job well under adverse conditions.

Call me crazy, but I think it would be awesome to be up there doing that work right now.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Yeah there didnt appear to be any walleye boats on Creek when I came across the dam road earlier today...putzing with gear in the garage, movies with Di...and football...rinse and repeat!...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've worked in a non-air-conditioned warehouse in SC in the dead of summer and I've delivered furniture up several flights of iced up stairs in a Colorado winter... Extreme conditions suck, but for me they always created a sense of teamwork and achievement when you do a job well under adverse conditions.

Call me crazy, but I think it would be awesome to be up there doing that work right now.
I hear you, when i first started, i felt that way especially after battling south west wyoming. Now its kinda losing its luster. I don't feel very cool about it anymore.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'll be fishing somewhere. Got nothing going on tomorrow. Worst case scenario I'll fish evergreen or something if there's open water. I know it'll be cold and snowy but I've fished worse. Chatty should still have good open water from the dam right?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I'll be fishing somewhere. Got nothing going on tomorrow. Worst case scenario I'll fish evergreen or something if there's open water. I know it'll be cold and snowy but I've fished worse. Chatty should still have good open water from the dam right?
it should. below the dam should be good too...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts