Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cost of fuel so high, perhaps we ice anglers can save by carpooling.

If you have room for others (and their gear), just post here and then the details can be arranged by PM or email.

I frequently buzz up to Chambers or Red Feather Lakes once the top is solid. If you pack light, I can sometimes handle one other angler in my car (sorry, Honda Civic). Can't offer any snow machines for transport once we get there, but I can get you there. I'd also be happy to ride with others.

I'm interested in going to Elevenmile with an experienced koke icer, sometime, or carpooling to Lake John, Delaney, Williams Fork, Wolford, Green Mtn, Granby, if the opportunities arises. I'm constrained by a glut of work to no more than 1 day a week of planned fishing through December.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I am going to hit chambers on Saturday and if you want to come youre welcome to come in my car it will fit 4 people fairly easily it s pontiac grand prix.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
I go every saturday and every other monday. I normally go by myself on mondays 'cause everyone's working. Does any one out there do mondays?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I guess we should say where we are starting from. I'm starting from Fort Collins area. I have been known to work on a crappy Sunday so I can fish on a nice Monday.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Slayer I have mondays off and would be glad to hook up. I live in parker so meeting at some highway junction would be convinent for both. It would be nice to fish with someone on the ice, all my summer fishing buddies are wimps come hard water. Have all the gear and always pay my share, actually have to much gear, but thats half the fun sometimes.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Cool-I usually meet people at RTD Park-N-Rides. I think they are fairly secure.They are scattered all over the place. Most anyplace works though. After saturday I'll Know more about where I want to go on monday.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Cutthroat, I think Reg and I are heading up to Chambers on Sunday. Live in Greeley.

Slayer, Mondays are a great day to take a "cough, cough" sick day.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You should be careful what you say, Johnny!  Somebosy you work with might be reading! :eek:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ya if you are ever going anywere interesting on a Monday Slayer I could always take a "personal" day.
I just may have to switch my chambers trip to Sunday this week if you all are going to be up there my schedule is always flexable.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Good to know! Lookin forward to icin with some of you guys!

D

·
0 Posts
I live in Highlands Ranch and ice fish a lot. I sometimes pull a small trailer that can accommodate 2 or 3 huts and I drive an Expedition so there is usually enough room for 2 or 3 other folks, clothes and gear. I'm happy to take folks along, too. I doubt that I'll be able to do a whole lot of fishing before Christmas with family commitments, etc.

Favorite places are Lake John and Eleven Mile, but I plan to branch out some this Winter. Would like to fish the Delaney Buttes with someone who really knows them and Twin Lakes and Blue Mesa.

Ice --- it's on!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would love to hook up with you guys . I live in Thornton but am willing to travel. Can fit a few in the tundra and the atv makes getting on the ice little easier. If I know a little in advance Mondays would work for me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey cotrout i also live in thornton shoot me an email maybe we can hook up ;D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, this topic seems to really be working out. It'd be cool if it was a feature of the forum or something, listing the major fishing destinations, and people could post when they are going somewhere and want/need to share fuel costs or just have some company.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great post Cuttrout. I live in the Thornton/Westminster area, and love to ice fish. I like to fish North Park, Cowdrey, Lake John, The Delaneys, Seymour, and in Wyo., Hattie, Twin Buttes. Eleven Mile is good but I don't have them figured out like Slayer does, Taryall, and my favorite that we can't fish yet Antero. Go to Wolford and Green Mountain also. Most of the time my kids go with me but I have some Vac. time to use up, so if you want to go let me know, will be taking a Mon. and Tues off shortly, don't know wich ones yet. Have huts, power auger, vex, etc..
Take Care

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
If anyone wants to head out monday I would be game. Eleven Mile or Wolford should be good. Have hut, power auger, but no vex I depend on my fat gut intution for fish location.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts