Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Now that I've got this started, I regret that I can only plan one trip per week through the end of the year! It is becoming increasingly likely that I will be going to Chambers this Saturday or Sunday (will decide later). If my wife isn't going, I will carpool with a local

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm in Llittleton and can carpool with anyone in the area or on the way out to any of the lakes. Don we're probably a nine iron away from each other so we can connect any time. I can generally break away to fish either Saturday or Sunday, but prefer Saturday's as I kick back on Sunday's and take care of home chores.

If I am not already comitted to another partner, then I always have room for one in the truck with all their gear; two if you're travelling light. PM me anytime your looking to make it out and don't have a partner. I get no greater kick than to meet more and more board members on these outings. This has got to be one of the greatest fishing communities I've come across in a long long time. Kudos to Ken, Don, Moderators and members alike.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Slayer:

I am a educator and have a few Mondays off in Jan. and Feb. Let's try to make it happen.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
Trout said:
I depend on my fat gut intution for fish location.
Yeah,me too.Unless you are fishing deep water-say,greater than 25 ft-you can get by without the electronics. I can go to any lake and start catchin fish without 'lectronics.Besides once you fish a certain lake several times you just pretty much know where to go and what to use.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'd love to do this once the lids on at Loveland, too. Where are best areas there?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Too be honest I have no idea were he best areas are though I imagine by the damn would be best it quickly drops off to around 30 feet and has some structure in addition there are some huge perch in this lake.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah, I was kinda thinking I'd go for walleye and be lovin' it even I came away with a bunch of perch.

·
0 Posts
count me in just Messenge Me I am all for it.I got gear, just no Ice Hut.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
Iced Lkae Loveland once and caught a 15" smally and a 12" perch in 2 hours! I will definately be there this year.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The area off the boat ramp is good for eyes. Off the swim beach is good for perch, we've also caught perch a few years back over by the fire station. Reg & I have also found another "spot" for eyes ;).

·
Registered
410 Posts
cotrout, afishman, born2fish I also am in the westminster area. We should get together one day after work and say hello over a cold. Lets try and get toether at some local north area place and say hello.

JT

·
Registered
943 Posts
i am down for that let me know the info

·
Registered
217 Posts
There's a butt-load of bass in there, too.  I'd sure like to get on a mess of those 12" perch (an some more 20"+ Eyes!) ::)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Meeting up sounds good to me. Couple times a month I can be found at T.G.I.F.s on 120th for happy hour 4-6 or so. Lets meet and go ice fishin

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Trout said:
I depend on my fat gut intution for fish location.
Yeah,me too.Unless you are fishing deep water-say,greater than 25 ft-you can get by without the electronics. I can go to any lake and start catchin fish without 'lectronics.Besides once you fish a certain lake several times you just pretty much know where to go and what to use.
you don't know what you're missing. Probably monster trout 10 foot down in 14' of water you usually wouldn't see. lol

sadly, i'm waaaaaaay over here in western colorado. lol.........you guys have a good system going though maybe I'll get something organized over here.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
chances are high I will be icing stagecoach or crawford but if the day is off I will try to meet you there.......let's keep communicating and see if that could work.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts