Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just thought I would send a fishing update from the weekend. It all started Fri night at one of my private ponds at 8pm till 11pm where I caught 8 bass. I went fishing on Sat morning at 5:30am. We went to one of my private ponds where I caught about 15 largemouth. I then went to Carter Res. near Loveland and started fishing around 8pm on Sat evening. I fished from 8pm till 1:30am and caught 27 bass. I grabbed about 3 hours sleep then headed over to my private ponds in Larimer County. First cast was at 5:15am and I fished until 10:30am and caught 31 bass with the largest being 5lbs. It turned out to be a good weekend with a total of 81 bass. The top 3 lures were 6" plastic worms(Senko Style), Rat-L-Traps and Minus 1 crankbaits. The technique used was fishing very slow to extremely slow with the plastics, rippin' the traps and slow to medium retreive on the cranks. Until next time---Keep a tight line!---Thanks---Wayne

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dam Wayne, Took you long enough to post on this site! Glad to hear from you. Hope the road is treating you well.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
I dont think much of catchin fish in private ponds.Its like snaggin in a bathtub.It's like watchin Bill Dance on tv,he catches all these hogs in these little private ponds,.big deal! Sour grapes? Maybe.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Slayerfish-I gotta agree. And nothing personal meant by this. Used to belong to a private fishing club that has 5 small lakes out east of CS. The bass were so easy to catch I dropped my membership after the 2nd. yr. I mean you could throw a broom handle out there and it would get bit.

To make a long story short I got bored with the place after awhile-there was no challenge. Made me realize fishing could be too easy.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'd fish a private lake any time!  They are usually better because John Q Public does not have the chance to rape and pillage.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I dont think much of catchin fish in private ponds.Its like snaggin in a bathtub.It's like watchin Bill Dance on tv,he catches all these hogs in these little private ponds,.big deal! Sour grapes? Maybe.
They never show him not catching fish. Even the best fisherman get skunked too. Unlike what it appears like on tv they don't catch fish every other cast. Look at the results from a pro fishing contest sometime and its amazing how many of the "pros" get skunked or only catch 1 or 2 fish. Pros maybe good fisherman but I think we have people who are just as good as a pro here. They just don't have the big buck sponsorships!

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
The funny thing is this guy IS a pro! :) So while pros do get skunked this one didnt last weekend.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Bill "Jag" Dance - Always on a small private pond in his little aluminum boat slaying grande bass. Every time you drive by a private pond and say "oh, I wish I could fish there" cuz you know you would kill em and who doesn't like catching tons of nice fish in a day. As you progress as an angler the challenge of figuring out high pressured waters is what it's all about. You've all heard it before "15% of the fisherman catch 85% of the fish".

·
Registered
943 Posts
i know a guy outin hugo with a private pond. he invited me a couple of times. i caught at least 50 bass both times. it was alot of fun

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Great job, Wayne!!!
Yeah,great job getting permission to fish the PRIVATE WATER,wayneO! My bro and I got to ice fish a private lake a couple years ago and it was phenominal!Caught a 21 inch wally on the 3rd jig and the rest of the day was spent filling buckets with 12-15 inch perch! Just like Bill ***** Dance,couldnt keep 'em off the hook.Fishing private water is great if you are the one doing it! If it's someone else,it sucks!I guess I'd rather not hear about a privileged few slayin 'em when 99.9% of the guys on this forum dont have a chance of replicating his feat! Thanx for listening to my little rant-

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Slayer nothing is fare, maybe you can get to be buddys with wayne and join the priviledged few.
I would love to fish a place like that.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i like private lakes too i caught a eight pound largemouth and a bunch of 13 inch crappies on rapalas, private waters are too easy though, no competetion

T

·
0 Posts
I've fished a private pond up in brighton or somewhere that way.  It was really deep.  We pulled out slab size crappie and bluegills and huge lm bass.  I was also told that they had 20+ lbs channels in there. Smallest gill/crappie caught that day was probably 10".

It was too easy catching fish there. Kids were using worms under a bobber(fish on every cast). I was using tube jigs. Caught everything with the tube jig.

F

·
0 Posts
im with slayer on this one .....its cool that you got to fish private water but whats the point of sharing that ......unless your gonna give some invites to people on the website I dont care about private water............I was a member at lake carrol anne a few years back the fishing is great but I missed the long drives thru the mountains seeing new towns ...and catching fish where everyone can fish ......

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'm jealous too... I have no complaints about fishing private water (If anyone wants to invite me just email me :p ). I would say 98.5% of you if you could fish private water especially if you could have a day like Wayne you would in a heartbeat.
Nice report Wayne

F

·
0 Posts
like braggin about having a trampoline but not letting the nieghborhood kids jump on it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts