Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not clear to me whether this belongs in the fishing section or in Off Topic but I'm sure somebody will move it if necessary.

I was in a Target store one day and walked through their pitifully meager fishing tackle display, and saw a DVD entitled "Pro's Secrets for Catching More & Bigger Fish", featuring Al & Ron Lindner of In-Fisherman fame, and other fishing experts. So I bought it. It turned out to be tons of fun to watch. The whole thing is really a commercial for Rapala lures, but they catch so many great fish, and demonstrate so many different fishing techniques, that just watching it gets me all fired up to head for the water. Plus I liked watching the Lindners fish, I have a lot of respect for them.

Just watching that one DVD improved my topwater fishing techniques a lot.

Later while at Sportsman's Warehouse I saw that they have a ton of different videotapes and DVDs on different hunting and fishing topics. I didn't buy any; they have so many different ones that you could go broke if you got them all.

My question is, does anyone out there have any tape or DVD titles that they would recommend to others? What have you seen that is good? I wouldn't mind picking up a few more if I could figure out what the best ones are.

If you know of some titles that you think are a waste of time, I would like to hear about that, too.

Regards,
W. E.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The In-Fisherman series of books are quite good-they have one on largemouth, smallmouth, walleye, catfish etc. I think they have produced tapes on most of these species-any of their stuff would be good. I'd stay away from most of the others-unless you like seeing guys like Bill Dance catch one big bass after another on private phosphate pits in Florida and promote Strike King lures.

I'm disappointed in alot of fishing reading and tapes these days-they are nothing more than infomercials. The commercial aspects to all this turn me off bigtime. Guess I am just getting grumpy in my twilight years. ::)

·
Registered
258 Posts
A few weeks ago, we bought a computer game called
In-Fisherman/ Freshwater Trophies. The game is really cool to play and gives a nice assortment of lures/baits to use on fish and how to use them to catch those nice fish. You can also choose line weight on the rod, setting the correct drag, etc.
My wife really gets a kick out of playing this game, as well as I do.
We have seen those VHS and DVD's on fishing, at Sportsmans Warehouse, but have not bought any. However, we have bought a couple of hunting DVD's and they are good (very good).
Cody (cowboy) & Wife

1 - 4 of 4 Posts