Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been awhile since I posted. But times like this are rare. Hit a lake, met a guy fishing in MY spot!. No, I don't own the lake, but he was in my spot! I graciously asked if he wouldn't mind if I joined him. One of the coolest guys one could ask to fish with. A new friend. Had a great time fishing with him and his son. Then, Chris(icefisher), Jeff(jclay) and his friend joined us. Been a while since I fished with those morons.:biggrin1: Always a good time, and miss fishing with them more. (bring beer!). Then Brian (catfish king), surprised me and walked up,..and fished with him. Soon, Anthony(kokaneeking), and James and his family joined us. First time I met Kara, Isabelle, and Michael, but felt like I knew them from his pics. James, remove the Redwings logo from your daughter, please! Wished I could have spent more times talking to everyone.
To get a day in the Rockie Mountains, on a rare day off, and connect with such great people,..is priceless.

Oh yeah, we caught a few fish.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice post Ed, it was a great day and good company. The way I was fishing definitely made me a moron! You, however, were on fire. You've got skills dude.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice report, Ed. That's good company right there, especially when the beer is flowing. ;D

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Ed, it was awesome running into you! Beautiful day out there too!

Funny story for the rest of you.. Some people on here, I've just always felt like they were friends even though we hadn't met. Ed was one of them. Then about 5 years ago, early morning, I'm fishing this same lake. Only 2 other guys there. One of them (Ed) walks over to me after awhile. I don't recognize him, so at the time he's a stranger to me. Asks me (out of the blue) "Hey, what do you think of my sweatshirt?" I look at it, and it's an Avalanche sweatshirt. Not really knowing what to think, I say "Actually, I hate it". He laughs, and says "I thought I recognized you James"
So a few days ago, same lake, there's lake1177. Isabella's wearing a Red Wings shirt. While we're still far away. Kara and I send Isabella down. She says to Ed, "Hey, what do you think of my shirt?" He looks around, then laughs :biggrin1:

Great time fishing with you and the Foguls. The kids and I went back the next day and hammered them again. The kids both caught a few, and were stoked.

Again, nice running into you

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice post Ed, it was a great day and good company. The way I was fishing definitely made me a moron! You, however, were on fire. You've got skills dude.
You too, have mad skills. Just can't think of what they are.:smile:
Maybe sticking the snowmobile in a 6 foot drift, or getting the Tundra stuck in 4 feet of snow,(not once, not twice,.but...) or launching your sled onto your trailer, and forgetting to let off the throttle, and it crashing into the tailgate of your truck, that one still cracks me up! Not funny at the time,...well, yes it was.:D Jeff and I watching, as you tell Hiep and Anthony,."I am going to show you how to properly load a snowmobile onto a trailer." You have skills, always managing to make me laugh, whether on the road, or on the ice or on the water.

James, glad you had a success the next day. But your post was a little off. When Bella came down, she said, "Hey, look at my shirt." I turned and saw the DreadWings logo on it, and said,."Oh Jeez. I'm gonna throw you in the lake." She replied,."Oh no, you're not!"

Hiep and Lihn, ..thanks. Look forward to fishing with you again.
Thanks, hobie,..you know the joys of fishing with good friends.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Jeff and I watching, as you tell Hiep and Anthony,."I am going to show you how to properly load a snowmobile onto a trailer."
I'm pretty sure it was I, not Hiep, who witnessed that mishap. Unless Chris hit the back of his truck more than once. :D

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Totally miss fishing with you goons..Its been far too long!!! Perhaps this ice year you guys can talk Rad into making a trrip north and we can pound some macks/kokes!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure it was I, not Hiep, who witnessed that mishap. Unless Chris hit the back of his truck more than once. :D
Yes, you are correct. It was also you with Chris when he buried his Tundra in snow at the Fork. Twice, I think that day. Phone reception was hard,..one shovel. His skills at mack fishing are getting stellar. He has paid his dues.

Stan,..looking forward to it. It was also you and Fowl-hooked on board, when he flipped his snowmobile on Granby, scattering gear all over the ice. Skills.

Chris, I kid you. I know you have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Wheres the pics??? COME ON!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
It was also you with Chris when he buried his Tundra in snow at the Fork. Twice, I think that day. Phone reception was hard,..one shovel.
Honestly, the good times often fade in my memory, but memories like that are always vivid! Life would simply be too boring without that kind of stuff. :biggrin1: Seriously, Chris is a good guy. I remember the time we picked up a hitch hiker. The dude had the gall to ask for money after Chris gave him a free ride. And Chris obliged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When fishing cherry creek res this guy used to wade towards one of my favorite spots, rarely, but he would see me out there and look angry and turn around. Hey, I had no issue with him fishing around me. SO he turns around and I think whatever, you are missing out at a very wide open space with lots of fish.

I do like my favorite spots though. I would have at the time told the little fishing shops about some areas to catch fish, or even invited them to see how good fishing could be at certain times at certain areas. But they are about money, and I never wanted what were basically obvious, but mostly unknown good fishing areas to be suddenly crowded so they could sell a few extra 'recommended' lures or whatever
by selling out my spots to their customers. I sometimes do offer spots here and there to people, usually just to the side of where I like.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You too, have mad skills. Just can't think of what they are.:smile:
Maybe sticking the snowmobile in a 6 foot drift, or getting the Tundra stuck in 4 feet of snow,(not once, not twice,.but...) or launching your sled onto your trailer, and forgetting to let off the throttle, and it crashing into the tailgate of your truck, that one still cracks me up! Not funny at the time,...well, yes it was.:D Jeff and I watching, as you tell Hiep and Anthony,."I am going to show you how to properly load a snowmobile onto a trailer." You have skills, always managing to make me laugh, whether on the road, or on the ice or on the water.
What can I say Ed? I like to entertain people! I do find myself using that Chris Farley line pretty often though. "Son of a... That's gonna leave a mark."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts