Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My boys had the day off and Mr. Wednesday had a Thursday off. We hit North Catamount. Love that lake. Lots of fish in a great setting. We had a lot of fun. Water temps 60 degrees.

The Fleet...Bryan, Jim and Mike...aka Mr. Wednesday. With the beard..could be Brewskis long lost love child. Maybe change the name to zz top.

We caught a whole bunch of these...all between 14 and 19 inches. Action all day long. Added a dozen bows to the mix.

Mike was a bit under powered with only a paddle, but hung all day long. Caught his first laker in Colorado and many more after that. Look Mom...no fish finder. Jim's kayak worked flawlessly. The perfect fishing kayak. He used spot lock anchoring either Mike or Bryan at different times during the day. Could have linked all of us together and still held us in place.

Hey...Are you guys fishing Blue for Salmon over there? Like the geese at Pueblo, I'm pretty sure they were only following me around because I had a sandwich.

Bryan with another fish on. Both him and Jim were catching their first Lakers. They're learning fast. Already have the smack talk down pat.

It was great fishing with my boys again. Love seeing their new found love for the sport. And also great meeting Mike. He was easy to fish with and great company. I'd definitely fish with him again. Had a great time and we ended up with well over a hundred lakers for the day. Bunch of doubles, a few triples and if Bryan had held up his end...could have had a quadruple. Couldn't ask for much more.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very NICE, hobie! Me and my dad and my son made it out there last week... man we had fun.

Good family fun up there!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool. Wow time flies. Your son is growing up!
I know, it's terrible :Cry::Cry::Cry:

That said, he is at an age where I just love the time we get to share. He's smart and has an exuberant personality. We have long conversations about odd things and he challenges me. I know the teen years are fast approaching so I try to just hang on to these times.

On the other end of the spectrum, pops is less able to do things like he used to. He's 74 and while healthy, I definitely notice a slowing. When I take him fishing, it's definitely more work and I have to remind myself how many times he tolerated me as a kid!

Time is unkind...These kinds of days are special.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Hobie nice report sir! (as are all your reports and info you share)

Glad you are getting some great family time in,

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
When I take him fishing, it's definitely more work and I have to remind myself how many times he tolerated me as a kid!
What great perspective!!

I have been struggling with raising my parents...This will help..

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When mom went down to the lake to try out Jim's kayak, I was holding her hand to steady her as we walked down and around the lake. She said, " I remember when you were little and I held your hand to keep you safe. And here now, the roles are reversed."

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'm going to jump in this post with some "family time" pics.
I went up to Minnesota last month. My brother had rented a cabin on the lake that we used to have a cabin on years ago. We took our parents out for a couple of boat rides. My Dad's 89 and my Mom will be 82 in a couple months. We had to help my Mom a little getting in and out of the boat bust she did good.

We went across the lake and went by our old cabin. It brought tears to my Moms eyes, remembering all the GREAT times we had there.

(pic of our old cabin and sauna)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like an unforgettable trip. Any time is a good time to spend with your parents. And as we get older, we know there are only so many of those times left. Very nice you got to spend time with your family and relive those memories.

(I can't see the pic)

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very very cool... I like reading this stuff. It reminds me to be patient and take in every moment. I get frustrated with my mom and dad now and then... They are kind of a handful in some respects... It's good to read this stuff and remind oneself to have the discipline to be patient and understanding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts