Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met Mitch (the Cajun) this morning in Florissant. Was fishing at 6:45-10 am. Good 18 inches of ice in 11-12 feet of water. Was his first time ice fishing and he kicked ass. ;D Mitch caught 6 and I caught 4. We kept 3, all 16 inches. The Automatic Fisherman had a good hit but by the time I got there the fish was off. I'll get one next week with it. ::) Seen quite a few inspect our jigs and we each had a couple other hits. The ice fishing tournament was this morning also. Not as many anglers as in years past. When we started drilling the holes some guy came running over and said "Are you in the tournament? No drilling till 7 am." Go away dude. Half the fish were caught on some little jigs Mitch tied. Pretty cool. Mitch said he liked that sight fishing and couldn't wait to go again. I'm ready.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I had a great time Jeff! That was awesome to watch them swim up and take the jig. Yep! I'm ready to do it again! ;D Here are a few pictures from this morning. I'll tie some more of those jig / flies and mail them to you.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW!!!! The mighty elkfish I speared out at Spinney Mt. Res. last week!! ;D ::) >:D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 3 we kept were, 1 rainbow, 1 cut-bow, and 1 Snake River cutthroat. Their with there friend the elk in the freezer. ;D The other trout we threw back must of just been stocked at ice up. 1 was only about a 7" bow, told him to watch out for Mr. Waterwolf. >:D Thanks for the compliments on the elkfish!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts