Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fishing Has No Boundaries will be holding their event at Pueblo Reservoir this year on Saturday September 15th. My understanding is that they can use a few more boats for the event. Batman has participated for several years. He has a scheduling conflict this year and I'll be using his boat for the event. If this is something you'd like to do...you'll get more out of it than you'll ever give, just let us know.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Talked to Jeff today and he said they had 29 participants, but only 15 boats. If anyone with a boat can make the time to help, it would be greatly appreciated. When you get to go fishing once a week or even once a month, fishing may not seem to be such a big deal. But, for these participants...any fishing trip... could be their trip of a life time. So, give it some thought and if you can help...let me know. Thanks in advance. Dave

Here's Jeff from a previous trip.

https://fhnbinc.org/chapters/colorado-springs-co/

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hobie, does one have to have boat insurance to participate?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jason, I was wrong. Fishing has no boundaries carries liability insurance for all boaters. They are still short on boats, if you can help. It would certainly be appreciated. Anyone else?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Been busy. So, a little late on the update. I just want to say what a great event and hats off to those that take the time to organize and put it all together. It was fantastic. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was. As a boater, you're treated like a celebrity. Everyone from the participants, the rangers, the ANS inspectors were all so appreciative and polite. My gosh, they feed you twice and even had a band. The kids and their parents are all champions. Such severe handicaps and yet all so happy to get out and spend a few hours on the lake. Truly the best example of man's humanity to others. I can't express my gratitude enough to Jeff for lending me his boat in order to participate.

My son and I truly received much more than we gave. If you have the chance to join in next years event, jump at the opportunity. It is so worth doing.

Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been busy. So, a little late on the update. I just want to say what a great event and hats off to those that take the time to organize and put it all together. It was fantastic. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was. As a boater, you're treated like a celebrity. Everyone from the participants, the rangers, the ANS inspectors were all so appreciative and polite. My gosh, they feed you twice and even had a band. The kids and their parents are all champions. Such severe handicaps and yet all so happy to get out and spend a few hours on the lake. Truly the best example of man's humanity to others. I can't express my gratitude enough to Jeff for lending me his boat in order to participate.

My son and I truly received much more than we gave. If you have the chance to join in next years event, jump at the opportunity. It is so worth doing.

Dave
Thank dave, for your note. Wish you and family all the best.
Good day all !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts