Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here is a fishing report.

I took my hour lunch today away from my laptop (I usually eat at my desk and work through lunch) and went to a spot rumor has it that folks have been catching saugeye at from the spillway.

Part of the appeal is that this spot is super super close, so I can get there in less than ten minute from work on a lunch hour.

Jackson Bo was a bit dissapointed he didn;t get to go.

When I got back he sniffed the tackle box and my shoes and was generally pretty dang pouty:mad:

Water is flowing good over the spillway.

I fished here.

I spent 1/2 an hour throwing metal and another 1/2 hour throwing a small white twister tail.

Here is what I ended up with.

I didn't have a lot of confidence in this spot, went there on a rumor, but then again fishing a new spot for an hour doesn't really give me much time to judge it.

Anyone with some advice on catching these fabled saugeye from here feel free to chime in.

I have a few more trips planned for the next few weeks so hopefully I can post up something other than the fat skunk.

Cheers :):)

PD

·
Banned
553 Posts
That spot was lined with swingin dicks the saturday after the exploiter post.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Pat, the internet does not effect fishing spots, and there's always plenty of room... They'll be giving that spillway a lake page soon, that'll help everyone have more success there...

Great post even with a skunk. I always feel better after checking out a spot that I never have. If nothing else, you have more of a feel for it.. Pretty dog too.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Sorry I missed this post, pistol!!

That d-bag who posted that report completely and unrepentantly hot spotted the **** out of that place. Location, bait, time of day, blah blah. If there WERE fish in there, the lurkers and hangers on have fished it out by now.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Pat, the internet does not effect fishing spots, and there's always plenty of room... They'll be giving that spillway a lake page soon, that'll help everyone have more success there...

Great post even with a skunk. I always feel better after checking out a spot that I never have. If nothing else, you have more of a feel for it.. Pretty dog too.

Thanks

Ya and if a dude rolls up and fishes ten feet from you it might be a good way to find some man on man companionship. ... or something. .. ummm para phrased that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts