Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fishing report! As previously stated, don't expect much.

Went out tonight at 8 to 11. It was calm and clear. Had whole dam to myself. First night this season i fished without gloves, which made it nice. It was either the 4th or 5th cast, twitch, twitch 5 second pause went to twitch again, dead weight, fish on line lol! Feed the walleye some crack. I thought it was going to be on fire to get on board so early, nothing after. The dam was mean, got me for 4 jerkbaits tonight. If I get lucky and catch another fish before the week end I'll add on to this.

Pointer 100 MS Crack

Wasn't really cold but guides iced up

My new project lol put the HDS 5 on the float tube, going to test it out Saturday if it's not too windy.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice eye! Hate them iced up guides... warmer weather soon. Cool set up on the belly boat, getting in the belly boat sounds cold, I don't have neoprene waders tho, maybe that makes the difference.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I almost joined you when u texted that first one out of the gate...good job...they have to be way pre-spawn...lots of color on the fish when u look at in a bigger picture...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Putting in the time... and atleast it payed out 1 fish.. hard to tell in the pic but looks like a nice one... Very healthy for sure.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nice job, I was out there from 6:00pm to 8:00pm throwing slender spoon, 3 different color and size jerkbaits without any love. Try paused for 6-12 seconds, jerks, slow swim, medium swim and nothing. Guess I should stay for another hour. It was very calm and nice out the water last night.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
I fished the "other" Dam 4-615pm. 2 hits 1-16.5" eye on the frog. Looks like the mid-day cherry picking is about over.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well done! I guess it still ain't very warm at night for the guides to freeze up like that. Things will start heating up over the next few weeks. I'm hoping the bite is hotter tonight...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I'd take a fish like that any night of the week! Great catch!

I'm buying that same float tube in July

Awesome post Tony, Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well done sir

1 - 20 of 44 Posts