Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while at brush hollow fri june 17 2005, came across a large school of surface feeding bluegill and wipped out the flyrod to give it a go they atacked anything i thru at them but couldent hook anything they seamed to small so i tied on the smallest fly i happened to have with me a 10 or 12 caddis dry and after 20 or 30 hit finaly hooked 1 all of 4" long if that. but it was an honest flyrod bluegill

it was a great day of firsts and another great day on the water

got a pic but forgot the camera at the cabin

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cool, man! I like catching bluegill on flyrod, seems to work better for me than my spinning tackle for the little buggers.
You can see their tiny brains working: what is it? can i eat it? Naah, too risky....but HEY! it moved again! I gotta eat it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I've mentioned before, go to Pella Ponds, head to Webster Pond (just off the parking lot) by the little shelter, use any very small light-colored fly of #12 or less (I use a bubble, but a regular fly rod would do) and you can pull in a little bluegill or perch with every cast. I get a little ashamed at catching those tiny guys, but it's fun to get forty or fifty in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's that gill dont laugh it's small but satisfying

·
Registered
109 Posts
hehe that bluegill is pretty small, but a fish is a fish i would be happy to catch it, ive never caught bluegill at all ever, can anyone tell me any good places and techniques to use?

·
Registered
109 Posts
hehe thanks i posted the same question here but then thought to start a new topic to get more responses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts