Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically it's not Colorado, but it's close.  And some of you all fish up there, so I'll post it here anyway.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Thats some great fishing!!  Worth the trip out for sure.  Definitely a destination that needs to go on my list of places to fish.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Six fish,,, five over 20 lbs... with one over 30. Awesome, Stupendous, Amazing... nope---spectacular!

I need to go!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don, was noticing on the "Recent Catches" page that the pics lapse from mid-December to late April. Is the Gorge frozen during that time (ok so not every year but thereabouts)? It looks like I should save some vacation time this year and hit it in November or December.

·
Registered
529 Posts
How was the weather when you were there? I thought about booking with him before but saw he required you to release everything and I bet it is pretty hard to release some of those beauties. Nice job and sounds like a great trip for sure.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Boy you were lucky to have such nice weather there. Every time I have been there the wind blew like crazy every day.
So were you anchored or drift fishing with jigs? I am guessing drift fishing using a trolling motor to hold you in place?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
congrats don I know you always wanted that 30 pound mack! Props for letting her go too!!!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've always had pretty good luck ice fishing off anvil. Went up there last month and couldnt get any action...and it was freezing cold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts