Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went camping from 16 - 20 June and stayed at the Bear Lake Campground, since all the dispersed campsites were full, even though the USFS ranger said campground were pretty empty (not even remotely true, place was packed!). Amyway, hiked in to Mosquito Lake and saw only a few small cruisers, nothing surfacing, and no bites. On way back from hike in, stopped at Stillwater and fished a small stream that empties into a cove at Stillwater. Bingo! Caught 20 brown trout in about 2 hours, with the biggest being 18 inches and fat. First time I caught that many fish with no clouds and a nice bright sun out. I figured they loved the extra aeration. Went there the next day, much earlier in the day (9:00 AM compared to 5:00 PM) and caught 4 fish (browns), biggest being about 16 inches. I think I caught less the next day due to the runoff from the melt being heavier in the late afternoon.

Great time hiking and riding my ATV (only a few places you can ride it in that area, but did ride it in to this year's hunting area).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts