Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Taking my 2 boys for a few days of backpacking and fly fishing in the Flat Tops...I have a pretty good idea of the area I want to fish, but have a few questions. Anyone would be willing to share some info??

Thanks!

· Registered
24,883 Posts
"Anyone willing to share some info" covers a lot ground and is pretty ambiguous...you might not not get a lot of replies unless you are more specific...

· Registered
4,816 Posts
I can’t speak to the route in you’re talking about, but as far as bugs it was flies mostly and a LOT of them last year, plus some skeeters, so bug spray is a must.

Here’s a couple of pics to whet your appetite from last summer when I went up there with the daughter and wife.

I love that area.

Cheers

PD

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
613 is very rough, but I haven't been up 610. I've mostly seen skeeters up there, but the flies can be a bigger pain. Get some stimulators, and elk hair caddis. Keep it simple. They like them skated or even stripped or swung just under the surface.

· Registered
2,180 Posts
I like small little steamers on creeks.... just saying. :smile:

Love the flat tops! ENJOY!

· Registered
1,803 Posts
I don't see FR610 going through to McMillan on my map...anyone else have better info? But, lot of places to fish there, and I wouldn't commit to just one lake if it was a beyotch to get to...but, you could do a Slayer and hike in ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.