Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the same flies I used on opening day still produce? Should I even mess with egg patterns or is that over? I figure on wollys boogers, scuds, hares ears and litttle black and red midges. What do you think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I don't mess with Egg patterns past the first couple weeks but just some advice teh midge patterns become larger as May rolls in. I normally fish a size 12 red and black and disco midges. Memorial weekend being the start of about 3 weeks of incredible Chrinomidge fishing most years.
Followed closely by the Callibeatis hatches.

Fish

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
the callibeatis hatch is great in the res. Get over the top of the weedbeds and suspend a callibeatis with an indicator a foot off of the top of the weedbed, make small strips and hold on baby!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can't go wrong throwing Buggers at Spinney. Just try to figure out what color is producing more. I normally start with a size 6-10 woolly in black. On our last trip up there, we caught a few on it the first day. The second day I swithed to a rusty brown bugger with black hackel, and caught 25 on one fly!
Before
After

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip lunkerville. I was up again yesterday and had good success on a vanilla bugger. Never thought color was that important in buggers. I'll experiment more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts